318 hesitation and wont move

-
recently changed the fuel lines, fuel pump, fuel filter and spark plugs to champions. idles fine, wont truck in drive or reverse it just dies and runs slightly rough. im thinking carb issue but id like to be sure before i throw money at it

I might have missed this but, how did it run/idle/drive before you changed these above parts?

the same, i turned the dizzy and it runs alot better, my exhaust issue will also be fixed when i get a plug for the egr on the manifold, but hey i checked for vaccum leaks and found none, so after i plug the manifold, and adjust the idle then i can take it to a shop where a buddy of mine works and he said hed adjust the holly 2bbl for me. then hopefully and finally after a million years itll go to the shop to have duals made for it

i did used to drive it alot, but last feb when i started at oriellys and i ordered the fuel cell for the swap it still ran good, but in the middle of summer it developed a miss, now i sent it off to be cleaned and the miss kinda went away, and after the fuel got in, the manifolds got back on its slowly gone down hill so to speak. so idk y but i think the carb needs rebuilt again, and im gonna have to check my timing chain i guess

i did used to drive it alot, but last feb when i started at oriellys and i ordered the fuel cell for the swap it still ran good, but in the middle of summer it developed a miss, now i sent it off to be cleaned and the miss kinda went away, and after the fuel got in, the manifolds got back on its slowly gone down hill so to speak. so idk y but i think the carb needs rebuilt again, and im gonna have to check my timing chain i guess

It may not hurt to go through the carb.

does anyone have a diagram for where the vaccum hoses go on this carb

The one half way up the carb on the pass side goes to the vacuum advance on the distributor. It has ported vacuum.

Any coming out of the base plate will be intake manifold vacuum. Use them or plug them as needed

-
Back