318 oil pan

-

joshua dewitt

Reaction score
question, built up 318 with a h/v m/p oil pump. and a 340 mopar performance windage tray.. any recomendations on oil pan choice? not a race car, its a street car.. witha little zing!!
have anyone used factory pan with this set up and are ok? or any specific manufactures oil pan work best , factory 73 dart swinger with stock k- member and steering, will be using headers, thinking headman tight tubes.. for clearance, also have a remote oil cooler and filter that add to oil capaicty, but aint in the pan , don't want to run dry...
dont want to build the eingine and take out more than once, if ya ya know what i mean..
any suggestion of trills and tribulations would be apreciated, thanks jd...
ps... a little below the k member, ok, car not lowered, but do want road clearace...

If you already have the tight tubes, go into the exhaust forums and check out the thread for them-it's several pages long and lots of pictures. I have them on my Scamp. If the pipe shop you choose is pretty good, they'll be able run dual 2 1/4" right out of the collector and snake it above the steering linkages, then to 2 1/2" if you want/need it. I will say this though, use quality collector gaskets and make sure the pipes are hung solidly-if you have to change the gaskets, it'll take a couple hours because of the lack of space for a full size wrench. Hell, it's tough to get uni-wiggle sockets in there too. I'd also recommend a late model mini starter...gives you a little more room for the pipes. TTIs and Dougs are great headers too, but they're a little more costly.

The 318 pan should work with a 340, but if you want a really good pan with all the bells and whistles, you can either fab one or go with Kevko...they are pricey though.

You actually have a few options; its up to you how much you wanna spend or how you want to build it.

-
Back