318 Pushrod Help

-

64 SRT8 Dart

Reaction score
Okay, so got the heads on my 318 build and began putting the rockers on.
Rockers are Crane Gold Rollers 1.5:1 ratio.
Head gaskets are Mr. Gasket .028" compressed.

Problem: Pushrods are too long. The adjuster screw ends up being in so far that 2-3 threads of the rocker show. ...not 1-3 threads of the adj screw.

I put a pushrod length checker in and it measures at just under 7"; 6.99" to be exact.

All the pushrods I see in Summit, ebay, etc show that they should be 7.5".

Where can I get an affordable custom pushrod?? Is there something else that could be wrong??

Motor will most likely be going into the Valiant next weekend so this thing needs to get done...PRONTO!!

Help is much appreciated!!

Not a easy way out,here. Call White brother's, check their price & time,against Scummitt's . I paid ,roughly a C-note for custom length's from Scummit (on purpose spelling). No more ,than four days.

Comp Cams. If you hang tight,gimme 5. They have so many options .Be back..

Dammit,swapped to the Chev rockers,on my Magnum,Apologize. The Cranes ,run ball & cup? (never run them).

Call White's or Scummitt.White's gives better service... (J.M.O). I ordered Hi Tech ball & ball ends.

Prices vary, depending on type, size, dia, wall thickness, etc. Give them a call, or check their website. In my case, I only needed 12 pushrods, 5/16 dia.

Okay, well Comp wanted $176 for 17 rods/.080 wall 6.5-7.5" long, 17 cup ends, and the cutter/reamer tool....

Does that seem high?

Higher,but in the ball bark. I have spent 110-125 on ball and cup pre made push rods. Time, is money. If it fits you.

smith bros. is tops in my book!!! custom length order to my door in 2days and that was coast to coast, total was $146... high quality product and top notch customer service!!

side note make sure lifter is primed when checking length i have thin head gaskets and my j heads are cut down to 65cc cant remember total that was milled off but it was a good bit. and mine were 7.125 6.99 seems awfully short.... i must have measured mine 10 times before i ordered

Thanks, I did check twice to make sure the lobe was complete opposite of the lifter....I did worry about that, lol. My 975 smog heads were cut down to 60cc's.

Ordered from the Smith Bro's today, about $27 cheaper than Comp.
Thanks everyone!

-
Back