318 shortblock, 360 heads...?

-
Gentlemen please stick with the topic, there is a billion other threads where you can argue nascar, chevy vs ford vs mopar vs the empire's TIE fighters if you want.

Here are 3 of the pictures when i first saw it, i was living in Southern California at the time and knew of the non existance of those 318s in the US and thought it'd be a great investment if i ever planned on selling it.
The pictures were pretty well photo shopped and i ended up scraping the paint off and painting it Lime Twist green. The car still needs plenty of work but i got most of the necesary parts and im working on it as time and money allows.
Thats the engine and console i was talking about.

Attachments

• II.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 130
  • lII.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 161
  • l.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 124
Gentlemen please stick with the topic, there is a billion other threads where you can argue nascar, chevy vs ford vs mopar vs the empire's TIE fighters if you want.

no i will go any direction i please

That's really cool Rudy. It also appears to have the later 340 exhaust manifolds on it. It looks like the passenger side is, because it has that horizontal rib running along it. I bet the driver's side is too.

you say thats a 67 model, cause here in the states that would be a 68 model. nice car. unless i read the allpar article wrong they said that 318 4 bbl was in the 70 model. the air cleaner would be 70 and newer also,i guess it could have been changed over the years of coarse i wonder if there are mexican manuals that give more detailed info on those engines

Having found other pics of your car on the web, my guess is that although it is a 67 Automex Barracuda, there have been changes from the original that might have been done. The pics show the 68 US mandated marker lights (round) on the fender and quarter panels. Pictures of other Mexican cars in 67 do not have these, so I doubt they would have introduced them there. They also show the new for 68 spears and gills that adorn the lower rocker area. I also wonder about the Carter Thermoquad, as I was not aware of it's existence until the early 70's. And being a spreadbore, I am doubtful that the intake manifold would have been tooled up this early.

Nice car, and a unique piece of history it is though.

Grant

Attachments

• 67cudasbymangel_2[1].jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 111
  • 67cudasbymangel_3[1].jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 110
Did some searching and came up with this ad for an AutoMex 67 Barracuda. It has no markers, and 67 lower moulding vs. spears. Almost looks like ablackout paint was applied to lower panels, although that could simply be the picture.

Grant

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 143
Wow Grant, those are the same pictures this guy sent me but the rocker molding didnt come with the car, it was one of his great photoshop add ons, lol. The lil round side markers are there and im not sure if they were grafted on or what, the carburator is an AFB because it actually looks like and older Edelbrock. I also knew the alternator was a GM piece because it reminded me a lot the one in my syclone, lol. All in all, thanks to you guy's Mopar knowledge im starting to think i got a bunch of odd stuff i need to identify and try and make the best resto mod with original production mexican parts, i know those front drums got to go same with the steering. What im wondering is if i should up date the shifter to a Hurst or just rebuild the orignal Midland?

Geeez, i just went outside to look at my gmc's alt and it doesnt look like it, its gotta be a ford unit which i think is a better mod but man this guys just put this car together with what ever he found.

-
Back