318 supercharger

-

ajones19802

Reaction score
Where is the best price on a 318 supercharger, I want to put one in my Barracuda this summer, but don't have a ton of cash.

probably spend less upgrading to a mild 360 and have as good of power unless your 318 is already built for the supercharger.

probably spend less upgrading to a mild 360 and have as good of power unless your 318 is already built for the supercharger.
That doesn't answer his question.
Try this place.
Stick it up out of the hood style units.
http://www.dyersblowers.com/

Complete kits price range;

Chrysler, 318-340-360 & 383-400

Non-Polished 671 = $3,450.00

Non-Polished 871 = $3,750.00

Polished 671 = $3,700.00

Polished 871 = $4,000.00

these superchargers make me want to rob a bank, very cool but pricey....i think i will look into the paxton. Even though I got a bit of time before I would be able to afford any of them. I guess I didnt know that a company even made a roots type supercharger for mopar small block.

Is it true (so I've heard) that roots are less effective then the centrifugal kinds?

Is it true (so I've heard) that roots are less effective then the centrifugal kinds?

Depends on who built the Roots and there internal design.

If you go to the basic roots, the issue is the design of the rotors and how well they keep and force air into the engine. There now coming with more and more of a twist on the rotors and teflon tipped on the rotor ends so theres less clearance and more air being trapped and forced into the engine.

Heat is another issue with a roots blower. A few years back, a intercooler was designed for the roots blower. It gets saandwiched between the blower and intake. Typically, this adds 3 or 4 inchs of height to an allready high/tall set up. This is not to atractive to some people as vision is an issue without the added height and may be in violation of some laws.

The bennifit of a roots Supercharger is massive.... and I mean massive torque NOW andytime the pedal is pushed and will make superior HP up top.

These two draw backs can be over come and the two advantages can be great, if built right, otherwise, someone with a well designed turbo or centrifical blower will make more power and beat you on the contest.

Some of the more expensive roots styled superchargers from Whipple, for example are among the best units you can use and are very very efficent. But be prepared to spend.

I recommend the Supercharger Store....I have been all over their website, and their pricing is fair., and the quality looks good.

Now,...I want to point out that a Single Turbo installed on a 318 would beat the crap out of a Supercharger and probably cost less to setup for the DYI'er....AND it would fit under the hood.

hmmm, well I called the supercharger store today and pricing was as follows,

for the complete kit with water injection, carb, and fuel system, it was 5700$

and for the not so complete kit, without those three, it was 3700$.

haha so its time to save, cause this would be awesome

-
Back