318 Swap Guide?

-

DaKnown

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm brand new to all this rebuilding and car stuff, as well as to these forums. I bought a '72 dart a few weeks ago and it's time for the engine to come out. It has a beat up 318 in now and I'll be putting a much nicer 318 with headers, a cam, and some other simple modifications that a buddy of mine is hooking me up with.

I'm looking for a pretty user-friendly guide to pulling the engine out. I know it's a lot of work, but it's something I really want to get started on. I've done a couple small things on the car and in the engine bay. I'm confident I can get this job done with some kind of compiled guide. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys,

I'm brand new to all this rebuilding and car stuff, as well as to these forums. I bought a '72 dart a few weeks ago and it's time for the engine to come out. It has a beat up 318 in now and I'll be putting a much nicer 318 with headers, a cam, and some other simple modifications that a buddy of mine is hooking me up with.

I'm looking for a pretty user-friendly guide to pulling the engine out. I know it's a lot of work, but it's something I really want to get started on. I've done a couple small things on the car and in the engine bay. I'm confident I can get this job done with some kind of compiled guide. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

You should go on e-bay and buy a shop repair manual for your Dart. Those manuals have STEP BY STEP instructions on how to do basically anything on your car. They are ten times better then the very vague Haynes or Chilton's manuals you find at the auto parts stores.

The "How to rebuild" your mopar smallblock has removal instructions. A very very good guide to that and rebuilding your engine. Excellent book.

The "How to rebuild" your mopar smallblock has removal instructions. A very very good guide to that and rebuilding your engine. Excellent book.

I picked up this book a few days ago. Holy crap does it have a ton of info. It's also very dumbass friendly. The pictures and diagrams go a long way.

The only down side? I not longer need it right now because a coupel of my friends pulled the 318 out for me.

-
Back