318 to 340 Swap

-

318DSTR

Reaction score
My 74' Duster currently has the original 318. I've installed an edelbrock rpm intake, carter 625 carb, double roller timing chain,Summit headers, Hughes whiplash cam(508 lift [email protected]"),2500 stall, 8.25 3.55 posi. A fellow mopar buddy of mine is selling me his 72 steel crank 340 short block for a very very good price. My plan is to use the majority of the parts that are on my 318 on the 340 since they all should bolt on. My question for you guys is do you think this is a good idea or what else might you recommend me doing to get the most out of the 340 without spending too much(under 3k).I mainly just drive it on the street but I want it to rip( low 13's high 12's). Any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated, as I am a young gun and just lookin to gain as much knowledge as I can.

I just installed the cam and lifters this past february. Are the lifter bores a different size than a 318? Also I was thinking about buying a set of RHS heads for it, but was wondering it that would even be necessary since my cam isn't really that big,or if just a decent set of J heads would work well.

-
Back