318LA build

-
I'm assuming a mild build, so if the flat tops are stock and the compression is low, the Summit 6900 is my first choice for value.
DODGE Summit Racing SUM-6900 Summit Racing™ Classic Camshafts | Summit Racing

If by chance the pistons have a decent comp height, with a little more comp, this Melling 23203 would be a good choice imo.
DODGE Melling 23203 Melling M-Select Class 2 Camshafts | Summit Racing

A 4bbl and duel exhaust is a no brainer, but any converter and rear gear would be ''usable'' with either on a 112LSA.

A cheap set of Comp 901 springs and a close to stock pushrod should put you in business.
I have used that summit cam on a stock '86 318 rebuild.i bought it mostly due to good pricing, in addition to a 600 summit carb, performer intake, and headers, original 302 heads, but fwiw, I was disappointed in it below 3000 rpm.
I found the off the shelf comp xe250 to be the better performer of the two, at least down low, which was more important to me in a pick up

Now you just need to get greasy.
Along that line, Dan I found another one of those Florida car deals on marketplace over the holiday weekend, and thought of you.
It's not an A body, but a 91 dodge Dakota standard cab, short bed, 318 v8.
I don't want to hijack the thread, so pm if interested and I will pass along the information

-
Back