3310-2 seconderys flooding

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
I hope someone will help befor i toss this pos carb.IT has been rebuilt by me first time ever in my 36 years having this problim.The seconders are flooding when i shut it down and it is not pouring out the boosters it looks like it at the butterflies as said its a 3310-2 VS carb,when its running look into the throat and all is great but as soon as i shut it off flood city.any thoughts.I am going pull it today and put my trusty 600 back on.The primaries are find. Float level are spot on.:cheers:

IMO, I'd say a needle and seat issue. Something in there hanging or not seating completely because of defect. I've had a couple over the years that I just could not stop that drooling and had to get another.
Other than that, and this is a reach, possibly float buoyancy or fuel pressure.
Good luck!

Don, try adjusting your secondary float level a little lower and see if that helps.

(not much, like a half turn)

I agree. Pull the rear needle and seat, blast it with carb cleaner, install and adjust. See where you are after that.

Even just putting the fuel line back on can get crap in the seat, but I was assuming he checked and rechecked the needle and seat already.

If it has a secondary Power Valve,, it may be ruptured, or gskt mis-seated.

Also the o-ring on the needle/seat gets hard..

My thoughts:

A. Dirt in the needle and seat as stated above. Remove needle and seat and clean and reinstall.

B. Possible mislocated/misinstalled gasket. Could a gasket have not sealed properly or put on backwards (i've done that) sometimes the gaskets only work one way, but are capable of being installed backward or upside down and in some cases a passage may be blocked that should be open. (A good reason to keep the old gaskets until you get it back together - for reference).

C. Probably not likely, buy worth mentioning. How hot is the engine when this happens, could the fuel be boiling over?

Float level is spot on, but when you "rebuilt" it, did you replace floats?? Could be a pinhole. They are only bout $15/pr.

How old is the "rebuild"??

Well i puled it a part the float is ok its not sinking,the needle and seat, there is something wrong there move the float up and I cant blow any air through witch it should be that way when float down sometimes i cant blow any air no air going in if i tap the top there she blowsssssssssss i have try ed the old needle and seat same thing,but if the float goes down to let fuel in and nothing, why is it flooding anyway,me stump.If it was to high pressure from my stock pump why it it not doing in the primaries thats fine.Thanks for the help.

Well i puled it a part the float is ok its not sinking,the needle and seat, there is something wrong there move the float up and I cant blow any air through witch it should be that way when float down sometimes i cant blow any air no air going in if i tap the top there she blowsssssssssss i have try ed the old needle and seat same thing,but if the float goes down to let fuel in and nothing, why is it flooding anyway,me stump.If it was to high pressure from my stock pump why it it not doing in the primaries thats fine.Thanks for the help.

If I understood what you meant there, the needle will have a small resistance to coming off the seat. (not much)
Could it be that the needle is hanging up in it's jet bore?

............I p/m Don earlier when he asked me if I had any idea's about the flooding.....only things I thought of was a float hanging up or to high or a needle and seat problem.....I have never really had any problems with carbs that I rebuild as I always put in the floats every time with a carb kit............btw he got this carb from me as an unkown 2 or 3 years ago as I got it on trade with other parts.............kim........

.........So then is it the wrong float or is it hitting/scraping on the casting or metering block or power valve hanging up the needle?............kim.....

............btw he got this carb from me as an unkown 2 or 3 years ago as I got it on trade with other parts.............kim........

OHHHHH, so in the couse of flipping parts Don ended up with one of your discards?

JK, hope that wasn't too much to soon. :-D

Here is the float is it the right one.its not hang en up i can move it up and down when installed.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 151
  • 002.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 139
  • 003.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 139
Maybe pull the floats and put them completely under water to check for leaks/pinholes?? May as well, you have it apart this far...

Ok.

Maybe there was dirt in the needle and seat that fell out while you took it apart and now you don't see it. Have you tried putting it together again to see if it still does it?

Have you tried to put the old needle and seat in it and see how it runs? Maybe worth a try. Maybe the new needle and seat is crap. Just because it's new doesn't mean that it's good...

And as for that part on blowing into the needle and seat.... You're hired. LOL! Gigity, gigity... :glasses7:

Ok.

Maybe there was dirt in the needle and seat that fell out while you took it apart and now you don't see it. Have you tried putting it together again to see if it still does it?

Have you tried to put the old needle and seat in it and see how it runs? Maybe worth a try. Maybe the new needle and seat is crap. Just because it's new doesn't mean that it's good...

And as for that part on blowing into the needle and seat.... You're hired. LOL! Gigity, gigity... :glasses7:
lol no thatsssssssss Cindy job,as for the needle and seat no dirt i have tryed 10 times same thing with 5 different needdles.I HAVE JUST ABOUT HAD IT WITH THIS POS CARB I HAVE MY 600 BACK ON.

You could also try blasting carb cleaner down all the air bleeds but when I had this same problem, it was the needle and seat. I don't know why but it would chronically leak. A good cleaning would only last for a little while. I ultimately solved the problem with a needle and seat replacement.

The 3310 is a very solid and reliable unit.

You could also try blasting carb cleaner down all the air bleeds but when I had this same problem, it was the needle and seat. I don't know why but it would chronically leak. A good cleaning would only last for a little while. I ultimately solved the problem with a needle and seat replacement.

The 3310 is a very solid and reliable unit.

Well its worth a try anyone got the part #

My thoughts:

A. Dirt in the needle and seat as stated above. Remove needle and seat and clean and reinstall.

B. Possible mislocated/misinstalled gasket. Could a gasket have not sealed properly or put on backwards (i've done that) sometimes the gaskets only work one way, but are capable of being installed backward or upside down and in some cases a passage may be blocked that should be open. (A good reason to keep the old gaskets until you get it back together - for reference).

C. Probably not likely, buy worth mentioning. How hot is the engine when this happens, could the fuel be boiling over?
she is not hot

-
Back