[WANTED] 340 1969 x head

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes im looking for 69 date code.

What is your build date? If you want to be super selective, you may want to look for one coded within 3 months of your build date. So if you have an early '69 build date, you might be looking for a late '68 casting date. GL.

Where are the casting dates located ? I have a set of x heads i'll be posting soon for sale they are 2531894D castings.

Where are the casting dates located ? I have a set of x heads i'll be posting soon for sale they are 2531894D castings.
Those are the right casing #s for 1969 xheads. Let me know when u decide to sell. Can you tell me if they have a x by the plug holes. That is the important part.

Last edited:
casting dates are on the top of the heads around valve springs, like casting number 2531894=1968-1970. casting date is month, day and last 2 digits of year

Those are the right casing #s for 1969 xheads. Let me know when u decide to sell. Can you tell me if they have a x by the plug holes. That is the important part.
They do have an X by the plug holes. I'm waiting on a friend to clean them up where they sat on a shelve at a machine shop for some time.I have heads,valves and OEM adjustable rockers and shafts .Springs,retainers and locks were misplaced at machine shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back