340 6-pack ???

-

69 modtop

Reaction score
I have a 69 barrracuda mod top formula s with a 340 6-pack and a 4 speed.

my question is this. when i purchased the car it had and still has no vacuum pots on the outboard carbs and no progressive linkage. I am wondering if there is a mechanical progressive linkage available that will work or if i need to get the stock parts? any help is greatly appreciated.

So, with no vacuum diaphragms and no linkage the front and rear carbs are just there for show? Curious.

Terry

here is some holley's of a 70 barracuda you may have carter's

hsixpack1.jpg

hsixpack2.jpg

If you're going to run the full mechanical linkage then you gotto to run the front and rear carbs on a progressive disc. In other words those two carbs don't start to open until the middle is at least 1/2 throttle otherwise the engine will bog down. When the front and rear carbs "start" to open will take some experimentation.

Terry

where can i find this linkage is the ?. i've looking for some time and come up with nothing so far. i have a set that is broken, made by edelbrock and no longer stocked, cause it's from the 70's.

I to thank you for the information, will contact Promax. Trying to tune a 340 with a six-pack, all kinds of trouble with the end carbs, might be the linkage. Also just got the motor off the dyno and VERY disappointed, for a street motor with about 2600 stall converter, 10.5 compression, x-heads, looking for the right cam !!!! Any suggestions ??? Thanks.

Which side of the carbs are your fuel lines? If they're on the passenger side, it's a modified Mopar set-up. If it's on the drivers side, you probably have G.M. carbs, which didn't use the vacum diaphrams.

Your welcome! :thumbup: Keep us posted after you get them setup. They're a blast once they're right. Just takes a little to get them there. I always started with the center carb. Disconnect linkage to outside carbs and block them closed! VERY important (don't ask) Adjust center carb for best perfomance. then hook up outside carbs. You might have to get a couple of different springs for for the vaccuum pods, but what ever you do for one, make sure you also do it to the other @ the same time. Only other big thing is playing with the power valve in them. Should scream after that!

-
Back