340 Absent from Parts Catalog Illustrations

-

charliec

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've used the illustration section of 1968 Parts Catalog to great advantage as I put all the pieces back together and search for parts for the '68 Dart. I've just noticed, however, that the illustration section covers every engine EXCEPT the 340....two slant 6's, 273/318, 383/440, 426...but NO 340. Odd.

Probably cause the 340 was new for that year, maybe the engine wasn’t ready when the stuff was printed? Much of the info and pictures could have been put out in 1967

The group numbers are the same across all engines, and with no significant differences between a 318 and 340 in terms of assembly or parts used (a crankshaft is a crankshaft, group number 9-07-5) they probably felt no need to draw and insert a redundant diagram.
They do show the RH exhaust manifold separately, though.

The parts tables section has parts listed for the 340. It's just the illustration section that excludes it.

The group numbers are the same across all engines, and with no significant differences between a 318 and 340 in terms of assembly or parts used (a crankshaft is a crankshaft, group number 9-07-5) they probably felt no need to draw and insert a redundant diagram.
They do show the RH exhaust manifold separately, though.
noted.

-
Back