340 adapter to Ford Toploader?

-

DTK

Reaction score
I know I may get flamed on this. However I have plenty of Ford Toplders in my aresenal and not one 883. Does any one know of an adapter kit that mates the Toploader with the Small Block Mopar?

i believe Tremec transmissions have the same bolt pattern as toploaders so possibly a Keisler bellhousing would work

Longgone said:
Good thing you`ve got plenty of `em. Score 1 for Mopar, Ford-0.

Wait sec, I said I have zero Mopar, You got it backwards. I am not biased when it comes to cars. I like Fords Chevys and Mopar all the same. Each make has its good points and bad ones, Fords Toplaoder is one of the good points, Killer strong trans. I rebuild Standard transmissions for my customers. And the toploader is one of the best. Plus they are the only thing that cost more than a Mopar. I get almost 2000 a trans rebuilt ( More for the Boss 429 and 428 Cobra Jet trans I have) and near 1000 each for the shifters I rebuild. So they pay the bills.
That being said, Any one have a cheap A-body 883 I can buy? NO? Now you know why I am want to put a Toploader in. mainly because I have about 20 of them.

I dont know about where your at but here the a-833 is the cheapest trans to get a hold of when compared to a super t10,m 21/22 or a toploader.The price is cuite a bit less and a good friend of mine has ran a barracuda to 9.40s with nothing more than a regular old 23 spline a-833.I know it can be done,I was going to convert my pontiac to a toploader-g.m. manuals are kind of like their rearends in my mind,poorly enginered for use behind any real power!.

DTK said:
Wait sec, I said I have zero Mopar, You got it backwards. I am not biased when it comes to cars. I like Fords Chevys and Mopar all the same. Each make has its good points and bad ones, Fords Toplaoder is one of the good points, Killer strong trans. I rebuild Standard transmissions for my customers. And the toploader is one of the best. Plus they are the only thing that cost more than a Mopar. I get almost 2000 a trans rebuilt ( More for the Boss 429 and 428 Cobra Jet trans I have) and near 1000 each for the shifters I rebuild. So they pay the bills.
That being said, Any one have a cheap A-body 883 I can buy? NO? Now you know why I am want to put a Toploader in. mainly because I have about 20 of them.

I was just ribbing ya`. I`m not fanatical either,they`re all nuts and bolts. I`ve owned Mach1`s and Z-28`s and still have a Ford truck as well as some Japanese metal. I was just saying it`s a good thing you have many toploaders,since you`ll be tearing them up behind that Mopower.Lol! On the serious side since the toploader is just that, and an A-833 is a sideloader, you may have clearance problems with the center hump, that is if you can find a bellhousing to work for you. I think finding a good 833 would be a lot less headache in the long run.

-
Back