340 and tranni is going in 2morro..pointers?

-

69 Valiant Kid

Reaction score
any pointers any body..putting in my 340 and 727 column shift with kickdown locar cable.....any pointers will be gladly taken....i think its gonna b e pretty easy....and i dont have a trans dipstick tube for the trans...is there enough room to put that in after the engine trans and headers are in? and can i use the slant 6 trans dipstick?....thanks, kurt

You can get the trans dipstick in after the motor is in. If you were going to use manifolds, I would have told you to install the drivers side manifold before engine install. I also recommend installing the starter while the engine is out.

Best of Luck!!

George

Cool, good luck.

Has the trans been gone over for seals and gaskets?

I learned the hard way today with my input shaft radial seal leaking at first spin.

Put what you can together while the engine and trans are out of the car. Find some thick cardboard to protect the sides and back of your engine compartment. It should go in without a hitch. This is my 340 , I bolted the 727 to it and slipped the entire assembly in as one. I might have left the water pump off, if I had to do it again, to give me more clearance. It was rather simple though and I did it by myself. If you can have an extra set of hands it`s always wise. I also used an engine leveler.

Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_3054 (Medium).jpg

well....3 years ago it was gone over....im gonna grease up all the seals...and blow out the valve body and such...if its real bad ill have to go through it...

-
Back