340 block or 360 block

-
In my opinion, once you stroke it, it is no longer a 340 and it will loose value. Also wouldn't you loose the high rpm advantage once you stroke the 340 ?

sell the 340, stroke the 360.

I don't get people yes there's very little difference and to go out and spend the extra over 360 isn't worth it. But if both turn out good on the sonic check why would you choose the smaller bore especially when he owns it already unless he's on a strict budget.

8 cubic inch is 10 lbs-ft across the board not huge but every little bit adds up. Drop the powerband 100 rpm
Would be able to run 2.05/1.65 valves with the same shrouding as 2.02/1.60 in the 360 bore. People waste more money on less return
But yes selling the 340 might buy you your crank or at least your pistons. But if you go 360 I'd look for a roller cam one.

A 1969 340 block to a guy looking to date code his car is worth a small fortune.

In the end, test both blocks. If they come out equal, run the 360. If the 360 is whack, or won't hold to the power you're building. Use the 340.

But seriously, that 340 is a brick of gold to the right guy. And once is stroked anyways does it matter what "block" it is? You're not going to find a huge "strength" difference in mopar LA blocks. Outside of any weakness from bores/hones and whatever work done in the past. In my opinion anyways.

-
Back