340 Cam

-

Strey07

Reaction score
Ive been reading a lot and have been trying to decide on a bigger cam. Looking for more power. 340 10.5/1 pistons, 4.10 gears, 2500 stall converter. Going with mopar m1 intake, stock size wheels and tires. Looking for advice on what direction to go.
:newb:

quantify your statement of looking for more power...also, are you assuming the 340 actually has 10.5:1 CR? How much power are you looking to make? Actual purpose of vehicle? Type exhaust? Carb size and type? max rpm?

With what you have, and please correct were inaccurate:

stock bottom end 340 (10.5:1 would've been 68-71)
M1 intake
2500 stall
4.10 gears
stock size wheels and tires (14x5.5??)

OK, you likely already have issues with traction...but I'll humor you a little...assuming a stock cammed high compression 340, and no other mods than an M1 intake, you really are a little limited by the valve springs and the age of those parts...so I'll say maybe a smaller split patter MP purple cam, a COMP 270 magnum, or one of the Summit cams.

we really need some more info to make a decent recommendation...

15x8 I think were my wheel size. I've got options on carbs right now have a edelbrock 750. I would consider getting a kit with new springs and lifters and all the works.Headers and 3 inch all the way through.

I built my 340 almost the same as the article but used the 6 pack set up ( intake and carbs ) and a HEI distributor. The cam has a great sounding lope to it but is very driveable.

[ame]http://youtu.be/KXoXFR9LvDg[/ame]

-
Back