340 crank value?

-

batoven

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been looking for a crank and rods for my '71 340 I'm building for my Dart. A co-worker of a friend has a stock forged steel crank and rods (bushed) for it, and he wants $550 for all. I measured the rod/main journals and found the following:

rod journals - one is at 2.1247, the rest are 2.1250

main journals - one is at 2.4998, the rest are 2.5000

It's otherwise in great shape. I'm putting new bushings and new ARP bolts in the rods so they're going to need resized anyway but they look great too with great cross-hatch left on the big ends. My question is that is $550 a fair price considering the measurements? Your thoughts?

Last edited:
Hello all,

I've been looking for a crank and rods for my '71 340 I'm building for my Dart. A co-worker of a friend has a stock steel crank and rods (bushed) for it, and he wants $550 for all. I measured the rod/main journals and found the following:

rod journals - one is at 2.1247, the rest are 2.1250

main journals - one is at 2.4998, the rest are 2.5000

It's otherwise in great shape. I'm putting new bushings and new ARP bolts in the rods so they're going to need resized anyway but they look great too with great cross-hatch left on the big ends. My question is that is $550 a fair price considering the measurements? Your thoughts?
That's a bit high considering there used stock components. 65'

Last fall I tried selling a freshly machined 340 crank for $200 Canadian... no takers.
Ended up using it in a low buck engine build that has now turned into building a car and going to Drag Week

Sold two steel 340 cranks a month ago....100 dollars each.....they were standard but needed to be turned...

I have been trying to sell one for the price of getting it polished 80 bucks 2 years now . for 550 you could get a new scat setup .

Thanks for all the input everyone. I decided against buying them and after doing more research, will likely go with a SCAT rotating assy.

-
Back