340 Demon parts Car

-

IndianaDodge

Reaction score
Check out the pictures of this Original 340/Auto Demon parts car I bought to build my 71 Dart 340 Clone.
The Car was an orig purple 340/Auto, it was parked in 1990 due to Rust! the entire Unibody (Frame) is 80% Rust! Its sad to see this car in this shape! It was painted black in the Mid 80's. All the goodies seem to be in fair to good condition!

Picture 051.jpg

Picture 042.jpg

Picture 038.jpg

Picture 050.jpg

Picture 052.jpg

Picture 059.jpg

Dude, where are the pictures??

The Dart was a 6 cyl. I installed a 74 K-member and plan to convert to 4 1/2 inch bolt pattern! I also have everything besides the trany to convert to 4-speed some day! It has a 318 at the moment! i also found that the 340 in the Demon is a 72 engine!
The Dart is Soild under and straight. I am planning a complete overhual over the next two years.

Did you get a look at the tailight?

If you could, can you check the engine vin numbers on the 72 engine. Looking for a long lost 340 for my Demon... You never know.

Rob

Thanks

Interior looks nice as far as the dash and console. Will make a nice swap to your Dart.

Shame what happen to the Demon.

REAL Good chance to make that Light weight Chassis car from this....

Let us know when you get this Demon Restored.I wanna see what the final bill is before the BIG FREEZE(he he he he):snakeman:

SS

Congratulations That will be a great parts donor car for yours.
Keep us posted IndianaDodge!!

I dump some Blaster oil down the 340 sparkplug holes, I will try and turn the crank this weekend. The plan is to tear it down this winter! I hope its a stock bore!

Nice parts car. Still has the correct 71 Thermoquad on it. Thise are hard to find, most were replaced by later carbs.

The Vender tag is rust, I have done my best to read it front and back. Can anyone code this car.

Not sure about numbers/letters in ()

V8W (E)N1

M21 M43 N41 N42 N11 (N)6W

FC7 U C16 C55 C36 J54

FC7 M6X9 5X8 329 194274

E55 D32 LM29 H1B 34xxxx

Hi, I'm looking for the rear sill plates. These are the sills that hold te carpeting, by the back seat, (attached to the bigger sills on the rocker panels)..Do you have any for sale? Thanks..Lou

V8W White transverse tail stripe
(E)N1 End assembly line 1
M21 Drip rail moulding
M43 Grille trim
N41 Dual Exhaust
N42 Chrome Tips
N11 R11 AM Radio
(N)6W White side stripes
FC7 Plum Crazy roof
U Built to US spec
C16 Console
C55 Buckets
C36 G36 Dual Sport/racing mirrors
J54 Sport hood (Scoops)
FC7 Plum crazy body color
M6X9 Med trim level Vinyl bucket Black
5X8 TX9 Black upper door frame color
329 March 29 1971 Scheduled production date
194274 Vehicle order number
E55 340
D32 727 Torqueflite
LM29 Dart Medium level Sport Coupe (Demon)
H1B 340 engine code, 1971 model year, Hammy built
34xxxx VIN sequence

I bet it used to be one sweet car. Looks like it has a chrysler tach that you could buy from the dealer.

This car once sound and run very good! I remember this car when I was in High School rumbling around Elwood Indiana.
The guy I bought it from now lives in Southern Indiana (Washington). He owns a Red 69 Dart with a 440 SixPack and 5-speed trans. you might see him around if in the area!

Do you want to sell the entire dash frame with the rally guage cluster? Let me know. That Demon will make a great donor for your Dart!

-
Back