340 exhaust manifolds

-

orangeduster71

Reaction score
got rusted headers would like to put exhaust manifolds back on so I can avoid having to pull the steering column and a whole bunch of other stuff. Are there any suggustions as to what kind of manifolds I can use I have a 71 340 Duster, the block however is stamped 72, if that matters at all.

It doesn't matter, 318, 340 and 360 all physically the same exterior dimensions. The 340 manifolds are about as close to headers as you can get.

68-70 340 are the better manifolds. 71 -74 340 360 have a different pass. side, early pass. side has a better flow..318 has totally different in inside diameter and not recomended for 340 360. I would only use the early manifolds if I was going to go to any. Manifolds do not flow near as good as equal length headers. I am going make a set of stainless headers for mine to prevent rust out , although I have seen that ceramic coated headers are really durable on cars we have worked on.

Thanks for the advice, kinda was looking for something newer that would be easy to find, but I started reading some of the older posts and I guess that's not possible, car has power steering

-
Back