340 exhaust manifolds

-

jacko241

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
The 1970 Duster I just acquired from @SGBARRACUDA needs new headers, and I am considering going with stock manifolds. I am sure this a dumb question, but wanted to ask before I buy anything. Will all of the A body 340 exhaust manifolds fit the 70 Duster with power steering?

Yes they will. But 340 manifolds are expensive. I will have a pair of 71-72 318 A body manifolds in a short while.

The passenger side is different for the early and late manifolds. If you order an exhaust system, make sure you get the right pipe.

If you have a mild build street car you might consider the 71-73 340 manifolds. They are much easier to find and more friendly on the wallet. Honestly the flow is not much different.
The 68-70 manifolds are the $$ ones. They are also available repop.

If you have a mild build street car you might consider the 71-73 340 manifolds. They are much easier to find and more friendly on the wallet. Honestly the flow is not much different.
The 68-70 manifolds are the $$ ones. They are also available repop.

Brewer’s is one vendor for them.

I paid $200 for a nice set of 73 340 manifolds. They are not that hard to find & more budget friendly if you don’t need max performance.

Thanks for all the replies. Not going for top power, just a good driveable package. Sounds like the 71-73 manifolds are the way to go.

-
Back