340 has no spark ??

-

mopars0

Reaction score
Well guys was getting dart ready for show tomorrow and it was hard starting just like I flooded it. I finally got it running , pulled it outside to warm up some hadn't had it running for awhile. So anyway decided to put set of plugs in it. Did that & checked the points but they looked good only about 800 miles on them all I did was hit them with a little fine sand paper and put cap back on. Now the damn thing will not start and has no spark, I had set of new points & condenser so I put them in still no spark. Haven't checked coil yet but I don't believe I'm getting any spark from it,I did have the wife crank it over & I pulled the coil wire & no spark. My question is with the switch on I should have voltage across the coil ...RIGHT? and also should have voltage across my ballast resister too...Only good thing is going to have rain tomorrow so probably wouldn't have gone to show anyhow.
This is a 71 340 with single points, condenser & ballast resister.... that's it.

Thanks guys.......

Check the coil & the Ballast Resistor. Both should have voltage.
well checked the voltage at coil & ballast resister all OK...feel kinda dumb reset the new points and sucker fired right up....guess it doesn't pay to work on them when you're tired...lol

-
Back