340 Heat Riser...another question

-

Demonx2

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Working on my 71 Demon 340. The exhaust manifold has the heat riser valve but I see no need for it given how this car will be used. But it needs to look right so I want the external round weight to remain intact. I've read about every post on this I could find but have a simple question I didn't find an answer to.

In order to keep the flapper valve in the open position, why not just tack weld the shaft to the bushing with the flapper open and call it good? Any drawbacks to that from anyone that's been there, done that?
20220404_210212.jpg

Only if it's done on the Kitchen table is it acceptable. Otherwise No!

Working on my 71 Demon 340. The exhaust manifold has the heat riser valve but I see no need for it given how this car will be used. But it needs to look right so I want the external round weight to remain intact. I've read about every post on this I could find but have a simple question I didn't find an answer to.

In order to keep the flapper valve in the open position, why not just tack weld the shaft to the bushing with the flapper open and call it good? Any drawbacks to that from anyone that's been there, done that?
View attachment 1715901573
That's what I had done to mine

Thx for the replies, that's what I'll plan to do. Give it a tack weld and send it.

-
Back