340 Intake

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone could tell me if there was a factory aluminum 4 bbl intake made for a 69 340? If so do you have pics or part #?
Thanks!

none that came from the factory installed...

the LD340 did have a chrysler part number on it at one time...but it was not installed at the factory...

none that came from the factory installed...

the LD340 did have a chrysler part number on it at one time...but it was not installed at the factory...

Thanks AAR....I am looking for an aluminum intake and someone emailed me saying they had a factory aluminum one. I didnt think there was an alum factory, just like you said the aftermarket LD340

The edelbrock intake was available through the dealers as a performance upgrade. Chrysler was working very close to some of its vendors. Edelbrock was in good graces with Chrysler till around the 1970,s. All six pacs were on Edelbrock intakes till a argument between the penny pinchers at Chrysler started squeezing Vic and he discontinued making them. Chrysler started making their own off the plans submitted by Edelbrock. So if you have a window sticker with a perfomance upgrade it should read the parts as dealer installed. I also think this is how direct connection got started. Hope it helps you.

-
Back