-
Status
Not open for further replies.

dartgr

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
I have a set of 340 exhaust manifolds to sell. They are PN 2883549 and 2883553. The twist is that the driver side manifold has been modified as follows: A wedge of manifold just above the collector flange was cut out, rotated 180 degrees and rewelded. Now the collector flange faces down and back rather than down and forward. They were then magna-fluxed and examined with ultrasound to check for any defects, then jet hot coated in a "cast" color.
I have checked with several FABO members whose opinion I value and I am asking $500 plus shipping from 80232.

Attachments

• DSCN0388.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 789
  • DSCN0389.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 785
Kinda the way it should have been..Does it make it fit any better? Trying to remember my old ones.....

We thought the same thing. It was much easier to fit the exhaust pipe on that side. Especially with the small engine compartment of the 66 A body.

We thought the same thing. It was much easier to fit the exhaust pipe on that side. Especially with the small engine compartment of the 66 A body.

That's cause the 273 mannyfolds on the early cars had the outlet facin back instead of forward.

If maybe you had pictures of them in something showing that they fit good, it might help.

If maybe you had pictures of them in something showing that they fit good, it might help.

The pictures of the manifolds in the car are in my gallery. However they do not show the collector bolting up to the exhaust pipe. Any exhaust man worth his weight in pipe can make it work...lol

The pictures of the manifolds in the car are in my gallery. However they do not show the collector bolting up to the exhaust pipe. Any exhaust man worth his weight in pipe can make it work...lol

Cool. At least you can see that they were in the car. I wasn't doubting you at all...but some folks caint be convinced no matter what. I know the hipo manifolds will fit unmodified in the early A...do you think these would too? That might open up for more sales potential. Just tryin to help you move um.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back