Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Contact seller
Hey guys,
Looking for the left (drivers) side motor mount for a 340.

The metal mount that mounts to the motor not the rubber mount.

Anyone got one?

Let me know.
Thanks
John

You can buy them new at auto parts store or online with Rock Auto.

he wants the metal part ... don't think you can get that anywhere like an auto store... think your thinking about the rubber part.

Nope. The metal motor mounts, Auto zone has the rubber insert for $5.99
These are the spool type. When I search for say a 70 Duster it comes up with the same pic???

From Advance Auto

dmmhj5.jpg

Tadjou,

I am looking for a 67-72 340 mount (drivers side).
You cant get it at rock auto.

I know schumacher has them as a set.Dont really want to spend $140.00.

So if anyone has a drivers side mount for a 67-72 340 please let me know.

Thanks
John

johnny dart,,i may have one,,, but i think they are different on the drivers side for a 340 and a 273/318 and one know?? ill look see what i have

johnny dart,,i may have one,,, but i think they are different on the drivers side for a 340 and a 273/318 and one know?? ill look see what i have

Drivers side is narrower by about .375".

You can make a small spacer. I've seen 1/2" bolts, 7/16" id iron pipe, a stack of washers, whatever takes up the space between the rear leg and the block lug.

Drivers side is narrower by about .375".

You can make a small spacer. I've seen 1/2" bolts, 7/16" id iron pipe, a stack of washers, whatever takes up the space between the rear leg and the block lug.

Yes, you can use washers......Here is a pic of a mount using this method. :coffee2: Oppsssss...cannot add pic, too large of file. email me if you want to see it. Sorry guys

yeah your mounts are 273/318 and 340/360 are different by what # was mentioned above. i have heard many a times that people use washers to take up the slack.

Washers or spacers are out of the question for me guys.Would like to do it right.:thumbup:

Not only is a back alley way of doing it but,
it will set your engine off center by over 1" and tilt the drivers side down and if using the stock manifolds/exhaust pipe it will hit the pitman arm.

Like side above do it right the first time and buy the correct mount.

I learned from experence!!.

Just my .02
Thanks,

Looking at the schumacher mounts,powder coated,grade 8 bolts,rubber mounts for $133.00 delivered doesnt sound like a bad idea.

I knew about this route but was hoping I could just find the 340 mount and be done with it.

Thanks everyone for your help !!!!

Hey guys,
I called schumacher,and you can buy the left side (drivers side) seperate.
Cost $45.00.
Or you can buy the complete set,around $130.00.

Thanks again.
John

I just went to my local dodge dealer and ordered up part number 2863445. I am holding it right now and it has a sticker on it that has the date 11-03-99. I am guessing, but it looks like it was made in 1999. I bought two of them a few years ago and sold one on ebay for more than I paid for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back