-
Status
Not open for further replies.

zacherywh

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
my grandpa bought the challenger with the 340 in it in 1973 brand new. he wrecked the challenger but im not exactly sure on when but it was in the mid 80's. he ended up buying a 83 dodge ram custom in 89 with a bad motor and he put the 340 in the truck in 89 after he had the motor rebuilt. he drove the truck tell 2003 when he had a stroke and it sat tell 2012 when he passed away. I bought the truck the beginning of this year with the 340 still in it. I have put a lot of money into the motor since then but after what just happened I cant do it anymore I don't have the time or money. what happeneded was I broke a altinator belt yesterday because it was sitting sideways from lack of a spacer so today I put a spacer in it and went to tighten it down when the housing for the bolt on the engine head broke (I posted a picture of it). it only broke the top of the bolt housing there is no other damage to the head at all. you can probably take it into a shop and have the bolt housing fixed. I have receipts from 91 all the others are to old to see the date and I have all the receipts for all of the parts I put into the motor since I got it. this is some of the work I just did on it with new parts. camshaft, lifters, and chain and gears. I used all new gaskets and zinc additive for the cam break in and all of that. it has a edelbrock intake manifold and a carter 4brl carb that I rebuilt but the carb is still garbage. the motor still has the stock 340 exhaust manifolds that came on it. the motor is still in the truck so whoever wants to buy it can see it run. Im possibly interested in selling both for the right price but for now its just the motor. I don't want to sell it at all and its killing me to do it but 1600 obo if you have questions or want to come look at it

Attachments

• IMG002.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,284
  • IMG052.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,262
  • 14007100827710.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 1,280
I am seriously interested looks like a great engine. Would you consider shipping or pick up only?

Dang dude! Just buy a set of head gaskets and intake gaskets, and swap the heads from side to side. The back of the head that is currently on the drivers side has the same mounts,but they're facing the firewall right now. Go look! :D You're out the cost of the gaskets and 2 hours work....and you still have your Grandpas motor and truck intact!

If anyone is still interested I still have it. Add me on facebook if you want to contact me. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back