340 Price needed

-

HAUK67

Reaction score
What is a stock 340 from a 68 dart worth, sitting for 10 years and turns over so it's not siezed? I have a guy that lives close by that wants to sell it and need a idea on what its worth? He says it has 73000 miles on it, but should be rebuilt from sitting..

67 and early 68 blocks are highly sought after if its a complete motor with x heads it is worth that......what is he asking for it....

I paid $1400 2 years ago and it needed a rebuild for a 68 340 complete.:)

He wants 900 for it, says its all original?

it will need tore down to check for rust/ my 360 set 5
/10 years and had to go though the whole thing don,t take the chance. mine was a running reman when i got it.

Ok, just spoke to him again and based on the motor numbers it is a 69 motor date is 9-11-68, how does this change things..Sent me a picture, looks complete?

Looks to have everything but exhaust manifolds, he said he might have a pair for that year?

Looks to have everything but exhaust manifolds, he said he might have a pair for that year?

I would buy it for 900.00............. hell bare blocks are selling for 300 or more depending on year..........

67 and early 68 blocks are highly sought after if its a complete motor with x heads it is worth that......what is he asking for it....

OK, what's the difference between a 68 & 69 that makes the 68 more highly sought after?? The production number of them?

they are all worth about the same, a 9-11-68 block would be in a 69 car, i know a lot of guys looking for a 71 block also, the most big money 340's are the waranty blocks with no vin stamped into it. :-D Also the 71 would be worth the most complete do to the rare T-quad/ idle solinoid/and valve covers. if complete apples to apples.

-
Back