340 Rods, speed pro L2316F “stock” weight is more than stock piston

-
All connecting rods are copper plated before going thru the heat treat process...so are cams. The copper protects the steel from damage when exposed to the flames in the oven.

Most make it thru the tanks that remove the copper but some don't.

I paid $180.00 to have my 340 rods resized and ARP bolts installed...fair price. I' d sooner use all of my Mopar stuff than buy offshore parts... keeps my machine shop in biz and I trust Ma Mopar's metallurgy more than Fu Man Chu's.

All connecting rods are copper plated before going thru the heat treat process...so are cams. The copper protects the steel from damage when exposed to the flames in the oven.

Most make it thru the tanks that remove the copper but some don't.

I paid $180.00 to have my 340 rods resized and ARP bolts installed...fair price. I' d sooner use all of my Mopar stuff than buy offshore parts... keeps my machine shop in biz and I trust Ma Mopar's metallurgy more than Fu Man Chu's.
I would agree with you, but the cost estimate to have my rods resized, reconditioned and fitted for ARP hardware was $20.00 less than new Eagle rods.

how much weight variation are we talking grams?.. I had this discussion with a low budget racer, he told me "most of that stuff is in the ballpark with each of the others" now keep in mind this dude want picky, he just figured 8 stock rods and 8 pistons, if they are the same ...how off can they be? i would think though if you are going higher than recommended stock RPM (racing) it would become very important to the balance.

how much weight variation are we talking grams?.. I had this discussion with a low budget racer, he told me "most of that stuff is in the ballpark with each of the others" now keep in mind this dude want picky, he just figured 8 stock rods and 8 pistons, if they are the same ...how off can they be? i would think though if you are going higher than recommended stock RPM (racing) it would become very important to the balance.
The closer to 100% equal weight, the better off you are. It's that simple. Weight matching by playing mix-n-match is free, so why not?

The heaviest rod and piston combo was 35 grams over stock, when I picked up the engin i didn’t know the history it was already machined, rebuilt jheads, block bored, and stock rods machined but with stock bolts and low compression pistons, I don’t trust old bolts but since the rods were already machined they didn’t charge much to press the new arp in and double check them

-
Back