340 short block - what's it worth?

-

jjj0923

Reaction score
I just yanked the 340 out of my duster. Origins of the engine are unknown.
The fella who built the engine for the car was deceased when I bought it.
The J-heads are for sale here separately.

It's a 340 rotating assembly - crank, con rods, pistons, cam, timing chain, etc.

The cam is a sold lifter. I will try and get some numbers off the cam and determine the specs.

The engine had no knocks, nor did it burn any oil and they guy I bought the car from just "showed" it, never ran it anymoe than getting it on and off the trailer.

It had a 671 blower on it and I blew a head gasket after I bought the car and did a few burnouts and actually RAN the thing.

After replacing the head gasket I decided to have a long block built from the ground up that was designed for a blower with the proper cam, low comp pistons and ringed heads and that'll be done next week.

so - what's my 340 short block worth - it's complete except for the oil pump which I used on the new engine.

340motor.jpg

What are the pistons in it? Is tehre a part number, How far is it over-bored? The last running core with stock type parts (rebuilt with about 3K miles on it, but .030 over Badger stock pistons, small cam, cast crank, etc) I sold for $750.

What are the pistons in it? Is tehre a part number, How far is it over-bored? The last running core with stock type parts (rebuilt with about 3K miles on it, but .030 over Badger stock pistons, small cam, cast crank, etc) I sold for $750.

sorry - like my post states, I don't know any of this stuff.

Block is $750 as it sits - pan, block, rods, cam, lifters, pistons, timing chain, melling HV pump and pickup, balancer and crank.

pick up only

I am 3 miles from Cecil County Dragway.

-
Back