340 six pack at idle

-

K.O. SWINGER

Meeting in the alley since 1976
Reaction score
Here's my 340 6 pack, flowmaster 40 and 497 Mopar purple shaft idle notes. My first YouTube video.

Last edited:
Your so going to have to make another one a good bit longer you know that right?!?!?!

Full specs of cam please for those unaware :lol:

IMG_20211125_175004156.jpg

I had the one below it on the 106. Idled like a lumber Jack on crack. (All over the place) The small stock AVS was not the carb to run as it idled all over the place. Scared a few right out of the race. (ROOKIE KIDS! LMAO!)

Once under power, it was really good. You can feel the slightly shorter power band vs a 108 or 110 cam and it had really good low to mid torque.

IMO, just a suggestion mind you, work on getting those outboard carbs to open on a ASAP basis as long as the engine can handle it.

Here is a little more in detail info on my setup. People have always loved the sound of my car to the point of crawling under it taking pictures and just always a lot of positive comments. Sound is always been important to me it's part of the hot rod genre , if you can get away with it my car is definitely on the edge where most people love it but it does get some stink eyes, but I think I like those ones the best LOL. I don't like x pipes or h pipes for pure sound and the small performance edge that I've ever seen on any Dyno test it's not the sound I'm looking for. But I only run about five to six feet of 3 in straight pipe into original flowmaster 40s that turned down right in front of the differential, you could never run this setup if gravel roads or much dirt is involved it does kick up a lot of s***. And that is definitely a negative.

-
Back