340 sixpack ?transmission?

-
6-speed manual! T-56 or the TKO 6060 (which you can find in the newer challengers, camaros, corvettes, mustangs).

It will more than like require a little bit of extra fab for it to fit. Its doable just not drop on and bolt up.

Since were discussing adding transmissions nd this could be deemed related lol what is the proper angle of the transmission? Pinion angle should be 4 degrees or so but what about transmission?

Since were discussing adding transmissions nd this could be deemed related lol what is the proper angle of the transmission? Pinion angle should be 4 degrees or so but what about transmission?

If i remember correctly the pinion and transmission are allowed 4 degrees of flex. Im not positive on that its been a bit since i tinkered with that.

Newcombs hemispherical products makes a complete linkage kit if you go with an auto and aren't using a full manual valve body. Six Pack B & E bodies came with a one piece kickdown rod, while A-bodies were never equipped stock with six packs. the bellcrank mount on the intake is a seperate boss and holds in pace with 2 allen head screws. I used this on my Demon with my A999 transmission (904 with low first gear), Newcombs linkage worked great but I did end up using my original transmission bell crank.

I have a 67 Barracuda I am putting a 340 sixpack in the car has 8-3/4 rear with 3.55 gears.
Any one have a transmission suggestion?

Do you want an auto or manual?

Pinion and transmission angles are supposed to be the same (but opposite) so they are parallel plus or minus one degree, yielding a total variation of 2 degrees difference.

So if the pinion is 4 degrees down, then the trans is supposed to be 4 degrees up plus or minus 1 degree. For hard launches, make the pinion 2 degrees down more than the trans, so in your case, make the trans 2 degrees up.

automatic
GM 200R4, a little work and you gain an overdrive gear :cheers:
Oh the 200R4 uses/needs 25-30 HP to power it while the 904 needs 25 HP to power it, something to think about.

automatic

Then A 904 is the one you'll want to go with because it is a little lighter than the 727 and uses less power to turn.

If your looking to an overdrive, the choices really open up.
The MoPar A-500 is a overdrive trans based on the 904. The O.D. Unit is a add on at the tail shaft and main case joining area. There is some work involved in getting it to fit.

An easier fit would be a GM trans. Though it'll cost a little more with the adapter plate and such things like driveshaft, trans mount and crossmember issues.

-
Back