-
Status
Not open for further replies.

1963dartgt

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a set of 340 valve springs and retainers for my slant 6. Looking for new or very low miles before i buy new. Shipping needed to 67665. Thanks.

I just threw a set of those away...
If I knew what your needs were, it would make it easier to help you out... (required seat/open pressure)
I do have set of used springs I could kick up enough to get you 12 really good ones with OEM retainers.

More information needed, cam, year model, uses, rebuild, valve job, & anything else pertaining to the build. Just buying & installing a set of valve springs is a recipe for disaster.

Cam grinder recommended stock 340 springs so figured it might be a good idea to follow his recomendation.

Well, like Demonracer said.. we need some info.
While I'm not a slanty 6 guy, if I remember right, the OE L6 springs were a smaller OD than the 340's. There's an issue..

Cam specs.

214/210 @ .050”, 254/254 adv, .444”/.434” lift, 108 lobe sep. 9:1 comp,mild port work. Guy i bought the head from told me it had a valve job just cant remember if it was a 3 or 5 angle. 4bbl intake auto 3.23 rear.Later model peanut head. And the spring will fit fine in the head without modification.

Cam specs.

214/210 @ .050”, 254/254 adv, .444”/.434” lift, 108 lobe sep. 9:1 comp,mild port work. Guy i bought the head from told me it had a valve job just cant remember if it was a 3 or 5 angle. 4bbl intake auto 3.23 rear.Later model peanut head. And the spring will fit fine in the head without modification.

give me your installed height, and I'll see what I have..

I have some 340 take-offs, but they're really too light for your deal.
Stock seat on those are 90lbs @ 1.700
I do have set that are 125~130 @ 1.700 and some OEM retainers, but that's really too much for your cam etc.
A Comp #901 would be good. Those are 110# on the seat.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help..

Thank you for looking i was actually digging around my email because the cam grinder sent me spring pressure recommendations and i happen to stumble upon an email from him in my spam folder. Hes got a spring set for the cam with retainers and locks for $100 shipped. Seems like a great deal and the pressures are about 2-4 pounds off of the comp 901's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back