340 stickers on a /6?

-

myasylum

Reaction score
Heres the deal... My engine is work in progress, the way things are going the engine won't be in until next year. I bought 340 stickers for my car last year, and I was going to put them on, once me V-8 was in the car.
Well, I'm sick of waiting and I want to put them on now. The thing is that there is a slant 6 in the car now, and I drive it as is. Would it be cheesy of me to put those stickers on my car now? I'd kind of feel like a dumb ***, but at the same time, who cares.

What do you think?

Well, I thought about too, putting on the stripe, but leaving the "340" off.
It's just put on with soap and water anyway. Even If i had to "cut" the 340 off, I think it would be easy enough to "slide on" the 340 with the soap and water to make it even.

Maybe?

Just an idea. (even if it is a stupid one??)

If they are the long duster stripes with the 340's at the back, I would use an exacto blade cut the 340's off, put the stripes on now then when you get the 340 done put them on. It won't be that hard to line them up and stick them on. Maybe you can make yourself a template so you know exactly where the 340's will go. Knowing my luck if I waited for the engine to be finished to put the stripes on something would happen to them and they would get ruined and I would have to buy another set.

I wanted to wait until the very last thing to put the little penastar logo that is on the passenger side front fender of my car. It was one of the less expensive items for the car and was easy to find so it was one of the first things I bought, well a long story short... I'm going to look for it for another week or so them it looks like I'm going to have to buy another one.:sad2:

Hey do whatever you want my '70 duster is a 318 car,with a '71 340 stripe...

I am personally all for cloning and whatnot but I think putting 340 stripes on a /6 is cheesy. I didn't even put 340 badges on the 360 in the swinger, I am looking for some 360 badges instead.

myasylum, do whatever makes you happy ... bottomline! If that entails putting the 340 stripes on, perhaps that will motivate you to get the new motor in sooner. Go for it!

i wouldn't be cutting the 340 off the stripe. there will then me a seam where there shouldn't be when you do put it on. that would drive me nuts. if the 340 is attached to the stripe then stick it on and forget about it. if the 340 is not attached to the stripe then leave it off until the motor is in.

I always felt tacky having the 340 pie tin on my 360. Everyone's always like "oh hey, this a 340?" and I always had to explain that it was the only pie tin I had, luckily I found the 360 one so I feel complete, lol. I'd wait, you'd save a lot of explaining, cuz it gets annoying...

Man Tommorrow may never come. You better live for today. If you want the 340 on it put it there. Just dont crank it around a car guy. :toothy10:

I was doing a 440 build myself and had the /6 out and no 440 in it yet but as GTX said, for inspiration i put it on and it drove me to complete it sooner. Go man Go.
Small Block

Dont put the 340 stripes on the car. None of us know what the future holds. If you bought the stickers you could resale them for a partial recoop. Once on the car, the money and the stickers are spent.

I don't get it? You have a 340 in progress and no one can see through the hood. Time is of essence and if you are waiting for machine work or accumulating parts put the stickers on. Don't be influenced by other people, it is your car. I am still running my slant while the 340 sits in the shed waiting for the time to install., Walt :supz:

clean.JPG

Who among us wasn't seen dozens of 318 Chargers and Challengers with R/T emblems and bumblebee stripes on them. Or scores of 72-74 Barracuda's with AAR stripes on them. Are there not...even on this site, small block Barracudas and Darts with hemi hood scoops, people like to customize their cars to enhance its appearence. If 340 side stripes is what you want to install on YOUR car...go for it.

I wonder what % of the general populace would know the difference? They probably think 340 is the # of liters (think 350Z) or the horsepower anyway.
My 340 Duster has a 408 stroker in it, but I aint changing the callouts anytime soon.

I say do it!

myasylum, do whatever makes you happy ... bottomline! If that entails putting the 340 stripes on, perhaps that will motivate you to get the new motor in sooner. Go for it!

Agreed, My demon had a fake "Hemi" scoop and 383 Badges with a / 6 running on 5 cylinders...and I drove the crap out of it. I've since peeled the badges off, but still running her with the ridiculous scoop and a dead cylinder.

just carry a few pic's of the "340" with you in case some bozo cant shut up.My duster was supposed to be a 360 so thats the stripe I got.....well to make a long story short the "6's" are in the toolbox in an envelope and I handcut "4's" to put in place of the 6's but when the deal on the 340 came along I couldn't resist :cheers:

EX000521.JPG

I agree with a few here. I have a 360 with a 340 badge out back. Who cares? It was what came in the stripe package so that is what it got. I wanted the car to look exactly like a previous one I owned and it does. Go with what floats your boat and if that means putting the 340 on, do it. It just might get that replacement done faster.

Jack

hahah i have a "yeah its gotta hemi" sticker on the window of my slant six 64 dart just for ***** and giggles...do it if you like the look..

I always felt tacky having the 340 pie tin on my 360. Everyone's always like "oh hey, this a 340?" and I always had to explain that it was the only pie tin I had, luckily I found the 360 one so I feel complete, lol. I'd wait, you'd save a lot of explaining, cuz it gets annoying...
just say yes next time

-
Back