340 stuff is it worth it??

-
1971 Standard Bore Block, Crank Shaft, Edelbrock aluminum intake, set of J heads and set of X heads and more.

Sure its a good deal--if the block / heads aren't crack. Needs to be mag and heads pressure checked.

I found a std bore 340 for $600 but builder said it needed to go .040 over and now it turns out to have one oversize lifter bore from the factory. The J heads look to have had 3 valve jobs.

1971 Standard Bore Block, Crank Shaft, Edelbrock aluminum intake, set of J heads and set of X heads and more.

Sure its a good deal--if the block / heads aren't crack. Needs to be mag and heads pressure checked.

I found a std bore 340 for $600 but builder said it needed to go .040 over and now it turns out to have one oversize lifter bore from the factory. The J heads look to have had 3 valve jobs.

Thanks I am goint to try to low ball the guy real bad maybe if hes really old he will go down to aobut $250 or so then I will definately buy.

I am goint to try to low ball the guy real bad maybe if hes really old he will go down to aobut $250 or so then I will definately buy.

Maybe, he's old and will send your *** packin!! If you get all that for $500, I'd consider it a good deal.

well, i dont think it is a good deal. that stuff looks like it was sitting on a open field for the last 2 decades....... the heads all need full work, the block could be cracked...junk. it is still a coin toss to make any money at any price.lol

well, i dont think it is a good deal. that stuff looks like it was sitting on a open field for the last 2 decades....... the heads all need full work, the block could be cracked...junk. it is still a coin toss to make any money at any price.lol

That's exactly what I was just about to say. Looks all rusted up to me. I wouldn't give over a couple hundred for it.

I didn't see any pictures. If its rusted then no way.

3n53k23p65Z65W25R1a66a466f7903e641a85.jpg

have to see it in person

-
Back