340 swinger

-
They'll be fine. The Nankang brand is cheap too. I've just a done some research on this particular subject since I'm hoping to run drag radials on my car with skinny front tires but I don't want to mix bias and radial. The radials don't generally have the 'look' though like the bias tires so it's hard to find just the right one. The Michelin XZX looks like an M/T Sportsman front but again, they're really pricey @ $170 ea..
Speed, not spead, sorry my spelling is piss poor. I really wanted to run a drag front tire, but i wasnt sure how sticky tech and the competition would be if you ran a DOT street class at the track. I would like to know how you guys get those tall front tires to fit. the 165's are about max, so how do you fit the drag fronts? Im really not worried about mixing bias and radials, the car has no front sway bar, and 90/10 shocks. it will drive like a tow truck anyway

dropped the engine and trans in today

swinger 266.jpg

swinger 260.jpg

Vitamin C you have me thinking ... about my 69 Swinger :) LUV that car !

Last week did the carb and lines. Today ran trans lines, drive shaft, safety loop,and partway through shifter.

swinger 273.jpg

swinger 274.jpg

swinger 276.jpg

Congrats man it is a masterpiece! You are gonna have a lot of fun with that bad boy! Is that your red 67 Dart in the background?
No, thats the garage owners car, 67 270, Charger 273. used to be mine but had to sell it 20 years ago due to a divorce. origionally white with a black top. It currently has a LA 360, but now waiting for a magnum transplant. he also just finished moving the springs inboard.

swinger 073.jpg

swinger 074.jpg

I like the car. It looks sweet. It's pretty much looks the way I'm building mine except for mine is a 68' Dart and I'm going with B-5 Blue. I really like how it sits though. I love that old school look. I don't know if I missed it in an earlier post but do have the Mopar S/S springs under the rear? Did you narrow the rear any or is it stock width?

I like the car. It looks sweet. It's pretty much looks the way I'm building mine except for mine is a 68' Dart and I'm going with B-5 Blue. I really like how it sits though. I love that old school look. I don't know if I missed it in an earlier post but do have the Mopar S/S springs under the rear? Did you narrow the rear any or is it stock width?
thanks, the axle is stock dimension with the springs moved in 3'' The springs are factory HD from Mancini. Ill see how they hold up, and if i have a problem ill probably go with caltracs.

Awesome!
Very nice and clean Car, what you think how much Power the Engine makes?
thankyou, not sure on the power yet, im going to try and hit US 131 dragstrip this friday for its first shake down runs. ill post some times.

Really like your car.Especially blue interior.Was hoping you would leave shifter on column.Just my opinion,Kevin.

Thanks, The blue interior is really an eye catcher. I wanted to leave it as a column shift, but one thing leads to another and you have a project going a totally different direction.

I want to see that car in person .... hopefully catch up with you at a strip this coming summer .....

-
Back