[FOR SALE] 340 T/A heads (CL)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't say TA anywhere on them from what I can see and are probably just x,j,o or u heads.

Someone would also want to pay close attention the the actual head and see where the pushrod hole is. I notice he didn't post a pic of that in the ad.

there's a shot of the head laying on its side and you can see the pushrod holes are moved away from the intake runner for further porting work.

they look like them due to the hogged out intake side pushrod hole. you would have to look at the casting date and the hole itself to determine if they are real. At any rate the T/A block is where the real money is at

you can also see that the intake rockers are offsetted....

Not worth it. There a much much better heads out for the price. Only idiots would buy those unless the person has an actual AAR/TA owner or clone build one.

hmm.... looked like the real deal to me.. if someone is building a T/A or AAR i think they are priced right.

Don't care for this area much.

Attachments

• rust.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 565
The heads have the proper offset intake pushrod holes, but I'd question who's rocker arms those are??? They are not factory stock.. I don't know who makes such T/A offset rocker arms... maybe Hughes? Regardless, it looks like a quality set. Choosing the correct pushrods (length and ends) and prperly matched lifters will make the difference in how well it lasts.

Need to see what the ports look like. These T/A heads tend to get "raced out" and seriously ported and over ported over the years.

probably the same rockers as w-2's but im not 100%.....

TA and W2 DO NOT use the same rockers...the offset on the W2 is greater...

W2 rocker use a .775 offset on the intake

TA rockers use a .500 offset on the intake....

I think they are a waste of time even on a clone car, with the valve cover on, nobody will know if they are T/A heads or not....

The heads have the proper offset intake pushrod holes, but I'd question who's rocker arms those are??? They are not factory stock.. I don't know who makes such T/A offset rocker arms... maybe Hughes? Regardless, it looks like a quality set. Choosing the correct pushrods (length and ends) and prperly matched lifters will make the difference in how well it lasts.

The rocker set up looks like the ones that come on the IndyBrock heads (which are big block pieces).

Indybrocks........info taken from Indy Heads..

"Well I guess the best way to explain the difference is that its an aluminum true T/A Head.

The pushrod is not in the port at all, we get the castings raw, so its easy for us to relocate the pushrod and remove all the unnecessary material from the intake ports.

We also machine the rocker stands differently as to accept any standard set of big block rockers."

So unless the cast iron TA head has had the rocker stands machined...dont think the big block rockers are going to fit.....

as said...Crane used to make TA rockers many years ago....mopar sold the crane rockers except they were anodized blue...instead of gold..

the exhaust rockers would be standard LA rockers...only the intake rockers are different....left and right .550 offset......

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back