-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Himmie

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Extremely rare AAR ‘Cuda engine, Serial # OB302088, block# 3577130.T.A 340.1 including rebuilt heads # 3418815, new pistons w/ new rings, .030 over, new lifters, push rods, timing chain, etc. oil pan with windage tray, purple stripe cam, forged steel cranks [quantity 2 = original 303.4 ci and 340 ci PN 2843868]. $8800. Matching 727 trans, $1250. Location Allentown, PA. For pick up only. Cash

20230603_094413 (1).jpg

20230603_094434.jpg

, purple stripe cam,
Which cam. HS/DC/MP offered an easy 40+ cams over the years and all would fall under a “Purple cam” or Purple Stripe cam.”
forged steel cranks [quantity 2 = original 303.4 ci and 340 ci PN 2843868]. $8800.
Is that an OE destroker crank and a original 340 crank?
Matching 727 trans, $1250. Location Allentown, PA. For pick up only. Cash
How’s the condition?

Where is AlaskanTA? I tried to tag him but cannot. He's the one who needs to see this.

Those look like low compression 72-73 pistons? Did you you commission the rebuild?

To be honest with you sir with all due respect you probably should put this engine on the for E-bodies only site....I'm sure they have their coins waiting on you...maybe even the car it came out of.

To be honest with you sir with all due respect you probably should put this engine on the for E-bodies only site....I'm sure they have their coins waiting on you...maybe even the car it came out of.
It is posted over there.
Both motors that are for sale still fit in an A body.
It's worth the try here.

Sorry about the slow response. I went back to the original login for the forum and saw my posting, but no responses. Checking my e-mail this weekend I found a response from A Bodies Only.
Block SN looks like 93302088
Also posted on E Bodies only
Trans is out of the original car. Sent it to my rebuild shop. They said it did not show sufficient wear to justify a rebuild.
Not sure about the pistons. Have the orig, but will check w/ the rebuild shop.
The orig was the OE destroker crank. It is rusted but may be salvageable. The installed crank is the 340 forged steel OE type.
The Purple Stripe cam was bought from Direct Connection back in the 1970's. Had several discussions w/ them back then about fitting it into the '40 Dodge. One guy had dropped the Ram Induction w/ 2 4BBL into a '39 coupe w/ them hanging out of the side ports of the hood. The Purple Stripe cam they sold me was the one they said was the most lift and duration that would work best w/ the 727 at that time. Obviously much has changed since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back