-
Status
Not open for further replies.

pagilman

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi, I need a driver side 340 torsion bar for an a- body 71 duster. this is for a friend and I want to surpise him as his car has been down for a long time. I don't know the dimension but i understand it is thicker then the 318 one, thanks Walt:toothy7:

Hi, I need a driver side 340 torsion bar for an a- body 71 duster. this is for a friend and I want to surpise him as his car has been down for a long time. I don't know the dimension but i understand it is thicker then the 318 one, thanks Walt:toothy7:

I have an original set that I pulled out last week, how about $80 shipped UPS ground?

jim+athongroup.com

Replace the + with an @

Jim, i have a set of 318 bars, are yours out of a 340 car? What is the diameter differance? Walt

I'd like to find someone with the driver side so I could save some money!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Where did you hear that the 340 bars are thicker?

The diameter is larger.
Slant six bar = .830"
318 bar = .850"
340 bar = .870"
383 bar = .890"

Here ya go guys. 273 -318 cars used the 2B bars even if it was a 273 4B. Hemi, 440 etc are the same as the 383 bars.

I just installed a pair of the .890s in my 64 dart that ihave had new for 10+ years. Car has much less bounce at the same ride height. Well in the farage, I still can not drive it yet.

torsionbars.jpg

Thanks for the info guys. Now I need to find a 340 drivers side bar as my buddies car is second owner, numbers matching 340, 4 gear. Walt

$80 shipped is good. I'd jump. and use the spare bar for something. Like a club...the comp. He he he.

Jimmy ray, according to the graph and previous post the bars have to be out of a 4 barrel abody. Are yours? I have a set out of a 318 2 barrel but I can't give them to my friend if theyre not correct. walt:scratch:

The bars are the same for a 318 w/ac and 340 cars.

Non AC 318 cars had the smaller bars.

I'm the one that scanned that image and I think it's more of a general reference guide than the law. My buddies Dart had a 318-2barrel from the factory but had the .87" 340 bars as part of the heavy duty suspension package, also factory and all documented on a build sheet we found.

Mine are out of a 73 340 H-code Duster. I replaced with a 1.000 for stiffer suspension - noticeably different. Need new tires and wheels, now.

Jim

My /6, A/C car came with the .085" bars. Just upgraded to the .087" and made a noticeable difference.

I have a set of 340 torsion bars. One is bent--give me the # of the one you need. If it's the good one, I'll sell it cheap. I believe my are #892-893. Let me know. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back