340 Tune Up

-
Should have it together and running by the weekend...

billeng.jpg

billeng2.jpg

Looks real unsuspectin. lol

Nice work Rob! Glad to see your up and about. You'll have to get us some video of it running,maybe some from a cruise?

so what did the heads end up flowing?

For the most part mid to upper 70's with the best intake at 283 and 180's on the ex ports...that on a 4.100 fixture on the old superflow 110...
I would have posted more pictures but there is always something to do on this Swinger...I'm on it 7 days a week nonstop just no time for pictures...
when it's all done I'll snap some pictures and I'm sure Bill will not have a problem with some video...I have no idea what the hell was up with Vic and his Cuda and no video on that 273 freshen thread. :dontknow:
Rest assured there will be some video :thumblef:

Wild...

Sorry bud...

I never even checked the chamber cc...just WAY TOO MANY other things to do to the car.
If it had more cam or it was a max effort type of job I would have have done it,but as it is this engine is not mine and there are some things that I really don't like about the way it was put together.So I'm not going to lean on a numbers matching engine unless I did it all.
It going to be a really fun piece to drive but I'd put money on that he's going to out grow this engine by July...

Not as far along as I had hoped but at least the engine and trans are in...

enginein.jpg

Almost finished...only 6 weeks late :-(.

just waiting on the billet fuel log so I can install the 6 valve fuel pump and run the braided lines.

billsengine.jpg

billsengine2.jpg

Well I'm not familiar with the Comp cam that he has in this engine but I'd say it's a 350 hp type of cam.I don't remember the Comp cams number it's a 270 something.
It's a nice safe cam...personaly it would be my very last choice for a cam but it's in there and we'll see what it can do.
If it's not up to snuff we'll just put another short block in the Dart and save the numbers block.

Comp 270h. Not a bad camshaft 224 at .050 and .470 lift Should run pretty good.

Nice work, the compartment is looking good

Cracked...

That sounds more like it...good job

I wish I could find some 1.6's for him but there just doesn't seem to be any around at the moment...:-(

You do very nice work Rob that engine looks great! I saw Fletcher's 540 Dart this past weekend, it reminded me of the one you have as your avatar.

Yep...we both had white blown Darts when we were kids...his had a 440 and mine had a Hemi.
The old Hemi Dart ran 149 mph in the 1/4 back in the late 70's...Oh to be young and stupid...

Yep...we both had white blown Darts when we were kids...his had a 440 and mine had a Hemi.
The old Hemi Dart ran 149 mph in the 1/4 back in the late 70's...Oh to be young and stupid...

Oh to drive at that speed with a Mopar...makes me hungry for soeed!:blob6: His engine is a beast now! What did you do with your Dart?

I sold the car to a professional hockey player...I didn't have a clue as to who he was.
For almost 3 months he would call every week and say"this is so and so I'll give you x amount" for the Dart...every week it would go up a $1000 dollars.
I didn't want to sell the car...
Then one day he called and said "this is so and so, the fellow who bought your Dart...I'm coming on Friday to pick the car up...
I told him you don't have enough money...He just said"see you on Friday"and hung up.
There's more to the story... sometime when you come by I'll tell you the whole thing...

I sold the car to a professional hockey player...I didn't have a clue as to who he was.
For almost 3 months he would call every week and say"this is so and so I'll give you x amount" for the Dart...every week it would go up a $1000 dollars.
I didn't want to sell the car...
Then one day he called and said "this is so and so, the fellow who bought your Dart...I'm coming on Friday to pick the car up...
I told him you don't have enough money...He just said"see you on Friday"and hung up.
There's more to the story... sometime when you come by I'll tell you the whole thing...

The value of those Hemi Darts is incredible. I know Daryl Klassen had a Dick Landy one, and he sold that for a pretty penny! The hockey player wasn't Ed Belfour was it?

Well...it's almost back on the ground,finally got the front suspension back on the Dart.
Figured I post a picture for Bill as he wasn't able to come around today.

under2.jpg

-
Back