340 with old Harland S rockers geometry?

-
They sure look the same, or only microns apart.
Logic would say that the 1.5's should be named SPE15, I agree.
Maybe they cover the entire range and are 1.55? :)

It is possible that they laser engraved the wrong ratio on the rocker, but I didn't want to take a chance, so I sent a replacement. From the part number, and the adjuster location, I'm thinking that's the case. Its up to you which rocker you want to run, but I'd check the lift numbers first. Even with the lifter bled down, you can still check it. We' re looking for a comparison, not a max number. Just let it sit at full lift for 20-30 minutes before getting a number.

Mike does the rockers in the pictures look like 1.6 rockers ... going by the adjuster location? Another words all my rockers aren't 1.5 are they? When I checked highest lift (using checker springs and the lifter was still pumped up solid) all I got was almost right on the cam card spec of .536 (it was .531)intake using 1.5 ... not up near .571 using 1.6

Sorry... I'm a little paranoid right now ... especially since I got a 1.5 in the batch of rockers I have. :(

Mike does the rockers in the pictures look like 1.6 rockers ... going by the adjuster location? Another words all my rockers aren't 1.5 are they? When I checked highest lift (using checker springs and the lifter was still pumped up solid) all I got was almost right on the cam card spec of .536 (it was .531)intake using 1.5 ... not up near .571 using 1.6

Sorry... I'm a little paranoid right now ... especially since I got a 1.5 in the batch of rockers I have. :(
I wouldn't get too hung up on max lift numbers, especially on a small block. The pushrod angle itself eats up a bunch of lift, and the fact that no off the shelf rockers have the right adjuster/pushrod geometry, exacerbates the problem. I've seen big blocks lose .030" net lift because of the adjuster side geometry alone, and they don't have an angled pushrod that would make it worse.

My point being, If they were 1.5s, you wouldn't be anywhere near what the cam card shows for lift. If you didn't have the geometry kit installed you would likely see more net lift because the bad adjuster location wouldn't be as pronounced, but the sweep would be very wide and you would lose a bunch of valuable lift (area under the curve) everywhere else but full lift. It's for this reason, I started having T&D make custom rockers to my spec.

Also, the replacement rocker I sent was a 1.6, and the adjuster location looks exactly like the other rocker in the pic, so I would say they are the same. The only way to know for sure is to compare them on the motor with an indicator.

I wouldn't get too hung up on max lift numbers, especially on a small block. The pushrod angle itself eats up a bunch of lift, and the fact that no off the shelf rockers have the right adjuster/pushrod geometry, exacerbates the problem. I've seen big blocks lose .030" net lift because of the adjuster side geometry alone, and they don't have an angled pushrod that would make it worse.

My point being, If they were 1.5s, you wouldn't be anywhere near what the cam card shows for lift. If you didn't have the geometry kit installed you would likely see more net lift because the bad adjuster location wouldn't be as pronounced, but the sweep would be very wide and you would lose a bunch of valuable lift (area under the curve) everywhere else but full lift. It's for this reason, I started having T&D make custom rockers to my spec.

Also, the replacement rocker I sent was a 1.6, and the adjuster location looks exactly like the other rocker in the pic, so I would say they are the same. The only way to know for sure is to compare them on the motor with an indicator.

I must have gotten lucky. My PRW's came in within .005 of the card with your kit installed.

I deserve it. I never get lucky. Except in a 5th grade cake walk. I won twice. Won a chocolate cake and then a pineapple upside down cake.

Both so good I still remember them. Mmmmmmmmm

Last edited:
I must have gotten lucky. My PRW's came in within .005 of the card with your kit installed.

I deserve it. I never get lucky. Except in a 5th grade cake walk. I won twice. Go a chocolate cake and then a pineapple upside down cake.

Both so good I still remember them. Mmmmmmmmm
Wow, that is surprising! I usually see at least some loss.

I'm glad it's almost lunch time here. You're making me hungry. But alas, no chocolate cake. Maybe if I eat enough carrots....yeah right!

-
Back