340john just gave me my dream car!

-

1970dartfan

I met john on this site a few years. He has been a friend, a father and a mentor to me. He helped me get into college, stay on the right path and be strong for my mother. I wanted to buy his 340 dart so badly, but couldn't at the time. He took me to car shows with him, he spent time with me, and even let me help with the cars that he restored in his garage. Everytime I came home from school on break, I would go to his house and help him work on a 340 dart just like his old one. All he told me was that the owner of this car was "special". I worked my butt off in school, graduated early, and came home to a wonderful surprise! At my graduation party john hands me a box, inside was the keys and the title. I'm still in shock. Its just like his, 340, 4 speed, sure-grip rear...and it is awesome.

Attachments

• IMG_20130707_090637_432-1.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_20130707_091044.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 472
  • IMG_20130707_091202.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 471
  • IMG_20130707_091256.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 462
congrats,wow that would be a great surprise,sometimes others can see more in us than we see in ourselves.again congrats on the car and graduating.

Wow!

Congrats on your graduation. Sounds like you've got a great future in the makings.

Damn, John, just reading this brought a tear to my eye. What a great gift, in more ways than one.

I met john on this site a few years. He has been a friend, a father and a mentor to me. He helped me get into college, stay on the right path and be strong for my mother. I wanted to buy his 340 dart so badly, but couldn't at the time. He took me to car shows with him, he spent time with me, and even let me help with the cars that he restored in his garage. Everytime I came home from school on break, I would go to his house and help him work on a 340 dart just like his old one. All he told me was that the owner of this car was "special". I worked my butt off in school, graduated early, and came home to a wonderful surprise! At my graduation party john hands me a box, inside was the keys and the title. I'm still in shock. Its just like his, 340, 4 speed, sure-grip rear...and it is awesome.

That's an awesome story! Congrats on graduating! Wish I had someone to kick me in the arse along the way. I sure needed it. Pass the knowledge on to another that he has passed on to you!

Congrats! A wonderful story for sure! 340john, what a way to help. I'm speechless!

What a fantastic story. With all I have read about John, it's no surprise. That's how things are supposed to be. You worked your butt off in school, instead of playing video games all the time and droppin out to do nothing. You should be rewarded. That's awesome.

Incredible story, and even more incredible man that John is. You're very lucky to have someone like that in your life! It certainly sounds like you earned it. Enjoy every mile you put on it!

This is the absolute best story I have read in quite a while ........

Congratulations on school, and it sounds like your very appreciative of all John has done for you, that is a rare thing now days with the young folks ......All the lessons he taught you are way more valuable that the car ever will be ........... and dang that's a car !!!!

Out of control.

Good vibes, all around. You deserve it. Be nice to that rig and be sure you let Mr. Miyagi drive it once in a while.

I wish I could have kept the car a secret like that, when I restored it and gave it to Amy. If I did, she would have likely bought something else and certainly would have wondered about my late nights! lol

I can totally relate to John. It's just as awesome to watch someone work hard and see their success. You will never forget the look on their face.

Thanks for sharing! Made my morning. :)

That is great story. Congratulations on college grad and the gift. Remember to pay it forward when you can. Thanks the 340John for seeing potential in a young'un.

Congratulation on the car that is one nice looking 70 Dart.

I'm sure 340john doesn't just go around giving cars away everyday or to just anybody. So that is pretty cool! I'm sure you going to school, helping out, and just making good overall decisions in life had a huge part of 340john decision to give you such a wonderful gift.

I don't know you or John but can tell that you are both class acts! John, kudos for selflessly giving of yourself to make this car a reality! My hat is off to you and it is very encouraging to read this story and know that there are still lots of good people in this world!!!!

John's a great role model, you're lucky. Some of us here know of John's kind acts.:notworth:

The other customers in this McDonalds are wondering why is that guy crying over his laptop.

Kudo's to you for doing great in school and graduating early!

Wow!

Congrats on your graduation. Sounds like you've got a great future in the makings.

Damn, John, just reading this brought a tear to my eye. What a great gift, in more ways than one.

X2, John is a great guy, congrats :glasses7:

John's a great role model, you're lucky. Some of us here know of John's kind acts.:notworth:

The other customers in this McDonalds are wondering why is that guy crying over his laptop.

Kudo's to you for doing great in school and graduating early!

David, you are awesome! :D

Great read. Stories like this remind me some good is still left in this world.

I have to agree with all the previous post here by the other members! It was just the coolest things I heard of in a long time here on FABO!

I can relate to the excitement .....last year for my Bday I got my 68 dart as Bday surprise from my adoptive family.

all it means is that its now your job to take care of that car and remember these days forever. :cheers:

Wow, I'm speechless. What an awesome gesture.

And Congrats to you on succeeding.

Many congratulations for earning such a treasure for your hard work and determination, and for growing to be such a fine young man worthy of such a gift! I suspect you will cherish the carand your relationship with John for a lifetime, as will he! I'm sure he is as proud of you as a father can be!!

Enjoy the memories you're making right now, and enjoy that beautiful car!! Geof

-
Back