35 year mopar cars and parts collection purchase!

-

BadAss71

Let's Go Brandon
Reaction score
Craigslist is an amazing thing. I saw an ad posted in the bay area of california a few weeks back. It was advertising the sale of this gentlemans 35 year collection of early a bodies cars and parts. Six cars, and a TON of parts. All of the cars are 65 darts with the exception of one 64 valiant. Two wagons, two two doors, and two four doors. The parts collection ranges from 64 to 76 a bodies, with some random b and c body stuff. I have a good friend of mine that lives in san jose, which is about an hour and a half from where the collection was located. He did me a huge favor and sent one of his employees up there to document with video and pictures everything that was included in the sale. After I recieved the vids and pics I couldn't believe the amount of stuff that was there. My friend owns a trucking company that specializes in moving high dollar equipment and has all of the equipment needed to do so. Thank goodness, because without his help this wouldn't have happened.

I left phoenix with my buddy tim friday morning and headed to san jose. We stayed there for the night and then headed to my friends wearhouse at 6 am. When we arrived he had assembled a crew of eight guys and three trucks for the removal. One huge flat bed that would later carry three cars, one bobtail truck that would carry one car and parts, and another semi with a 52' enclosed trailer. I figured this would be way overkill. Boy was I wrong!

We arrived at the gentlemans property at 8:30 am. When I walked into the back yard I almost fell over. I was in disbelief. I have never seen that much mopar only stuff together in one place before. Well maybe at the MATS swap meet lol. We began the day extracting five cars from a barn where they had been sitting for over 25 years. Needless to say, they didn't roll too well. Only one car out of the bunch was willing to roll. All of the others were literally dragged out. The cars were filthy. Covered in layers of dirt and dust. Eventually we got three of the cars on the flat bed, one in the bobtail, one on my buddys trailer, and one on the tow dolly behind my truck. Then it was on to loading the semi trailer. It took 30 pallets, 10 guys, and 8 hours to pack and load the semi. Unreal. I only had a chance to take a few pictures during the process and will post them here. Currently I have two of the cars here that we brought back with us, along with a truck bed full of trim. Not kidding, literally the bed of my dakota was full to the rails. The semi trailer will be here at the end of the week with all of the pallets. I see many long days, and sleepless nights in my future lol. All of the cars except for one will be sold. Once we have gone thru all of the parts and figure what's what, I will be listing everything for sale. Well, I hope you enjoyed the story!

Attachments

• DSCN2572.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 789
  • DSCN2556.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 790
  • DSCN2555.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 808
  • DSCN2554.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 796
  • DSCN2553.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 797
  • DSCN2552.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 791
  • DSCN2551.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 806
  • DSCN2563.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 789
  • DSCN2564.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 799
  • DSCN2571.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 790
Couple more photos.

Attachments

• DSCN2566.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 779
  • DSCN2569.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 786
  • DSCN2561.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 806
  • DSCN2562.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 790
  • DSCN2557.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 785
good greef one hell of a find.BUT also alot of work to sort it all out.should be worth it thow..good luckand thanks for sharing.........Artie

Holy stash! Hopefully you got a good deal. That looks like a lot of work but so much fun at the same time.

Thats awesome. Where do we send our wish list?

Thats awesome. Where do we send our wish list?
Wish lists can be sent to me via PM. Alot of the parts are early A body, but go all of the way up to 76 A bodies. I was just going thru the stack of door panels and it looks like there are quite a few really nice ones, two door and four door. I need to do some research to figure out what years and such. Alot of different colors and styles. We have also been going thru the pile of trim pieces and there is a bunch of dart 270 pieces, also two door and four doors. Alot of GT trim as well. My head hurts!

HOLY SHEEPS@#T!!!!! Man what a great story! My wish list is WAAAYYYYY small compared to the volume of stuff you have there. Congrats BA71, PM sent. :)

I can't even imagine having to load and haul that stuff, much less go thru it all!! You've got your work cut out for ya' for a few months at least......8-) Very cool find and good to see you guys saving all those Mopars and parts.

I can't even imagine having to load and haul that stuff, much less go thru it all!! You've got your work cut out for ya' for a few months at least......8-) Very cool find and good to see you guys saving all those Mopars and parts.
Hey C! I know you were just here last week, but, you are more than welcome to come help lmao!!!! Just kidding! But seriously tho! lol

Unbelievable!! That is a way cool story and even cooler find! Cant wait for more pics and thanks for sharing!

Did all this come from from Sebastopol?
You sir are correct.
Unbelievable!! That is a way cool story and even cooler find! Cant wait for more pics and thanks for sharing!
Here are a couple more pics from today. Matching up and cleaning door panels. A couple random photos of the pile's of trim. What has me worried is this is just the stuff that we could fit in our pickup's. We have a semi trailer still lol. OH BOY!!!

Attachments

• DSCN2794.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 606
  • DSCN2793.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 609
  • DSCN2792.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 612
  • DSCN2791.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 602
  • DSCN2790.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 596
  • DSCN2789.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 604
  • DSCN2787.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 598
  • DSCN2786.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 600
  • DSCN2795.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 600
Early-A Jackpot!!Great find and story,most of the parts from pics look in great condition.Maybe time for a name change to ..Early-A BadAss.LOL
Good luck with your parts sorting,tagging.:prayer:

That's quite a haul you got! That Dart wagon is sweet - and it looks like a fairly recent California registration judging by the plate number. Any idea where it came from?

wow, thanks for saving all this :glasses7:
My pleasure! I think lol
Early-A Jackpot!!Great find and story,most of the parts from pics look in great condition.Maybe time for a name change to ..Early-A BadAss.LOL
Good luck with your parts sorting,tagging.:prayer:
Thanks for the wishes...I am gonna need them!
That's quite a haul you got! That Dart wagon is sweet - and it looks like a fairly recent California registration judging by the plate number. Any idea where it came from?
He had owned the car since the late 80's but I am not sure where it came from originally. Had to be somewhere near by just because of how clean it is. I haven't had it on the lift yet but I have looked it over very well and its solid. Actually all of the cars are very solid.
nice find man !!!! You said u never seen that much stuff in one spot! come over lol
Lmao!!! Now that's funny!

-
Back