360/727 flexplate question

-

THE STEVE

"part-time wheelman"
Reaction score
i have a 360 with a 727 in my duster. i pulled the trans to put my 2200 stall back in it. when i pulled it out my flexplate was broken. one of the ears was completely broken off. i have another stock one i can put on it. should i go ahead and buy an aftermarket one from tci or mopar? will my other stock one hold up? right now im only putting out about 320hp at the wheels. but i plan on adding more power. i just dont want to do the same job twice.

thanks for and help

Get the B&M,there sfi approved takes a lot to break them,sorry not sure of the part # off hand.

does your new converter have weights on it for the externally balanced 360 crankshaft?

and does it use 5/16 threads or the larger 7/16 threads bolts?

mopar sells a SFI model that is for the larger 7/16....and to be used with converter that has weights on it..

b&M sells one for converter with weights on it that has both small and large bolt holes..

b&m also sells one for converter with NO weights on it...and has both small and large bolt holes...

make sure you get it right.......

I went with an aftermarket heavy duty one which just went into the Dart yesterday.
Performance Torque Converters (PTC) out of Muscle Shoals, AL., recommended using one with the new converter I bought from them.
I'm running a 340 and 727 with 380 HP @ the crank.

ok thanks guys. i do have a weighted converter.

went ahead and yanked the engine out. gotta fix the oil pan and possibly repaint/clean the engine. i love how little jobs snowball hahaha

-
Back