360/904 combo torque converter?

-

72moparswinger

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was on summit racings catalog and Im about to order a torqure converter, mild built 360,that will be used as a 3 day a week car. So something that is streetable but more than stock, what is a good stall for this 2600-2700? also what brands do a 360 904 combo that are reliable? I have a 360/904 flex plate already from B&M

The stall converters stall is based on:

Cars weight
Gear ratio
Tire size
Cam size as well as other engine peramiters
And the intended useage of the car

If your a rookie or novice at this, contact a converter company for there recommendation
You can call B&M or TCI or a place that does only converters like Frank Lupo's Dynamic http://dynamicconverters.com/aboutus.htm, andthe list goes on.

I wish I could be of more help. But there's to much missing infomation to even guess.

I appreciate the help, I am a noob to this since this is my first build, all i need is a converter to complete my build besides exhaust, I have a 7 1/4 rear end at the moment but will have a 8 3/4 soon, kinda broke from the motor lol

Stay away from TCI and you will be good. Hughes and B&M would be a good choice from a summit standpoint.

Call PATC and talk to those guys. Super helpful and all around great guys. Their prices are excellent and service is unmatched in my opinion.

Good to know to stay away from TCI, I was considering them, The gears I found out for my 8 3/4 are going to be open 3.23's, wish it was a sure grip but a friend just happened to have it. I have a local trans company that will make me one, company called SMI

Hey! Rumblefish has some good info. I had a mild 360/904 combo and ran an 11 inch TCI breakaway converter. I could brake torque it to 2400-2500 rpm. It was a great street converter. TCI's are great converters along with B&M and Hughes. Tons of cars at the dragstrip are running TCI's on 8 and 9 second cars all the way up to 15 second cars. I never had a problem and loved the one in my car. I later bought a 10 inch street fighter and it stalled up to 3200 rpms. That also was a great converter. Another thing I did was for 45.00 dollars I had my flex plate balanced so I could buy a converter for 318/340. More universal. Hope this helps

i threw in a acc boss hog 2600 stall (duster 360 w/904 trans) you can buy weighted or un weighted (i bought weighted and used the ole 318 torque plate)

stall is high enough to launch but low enough to drive around easily. reasonably priced as well

If your a rookie or novice at this, contact a converter company for there recommendation
You can call B&M or TCI or a place that does only converters like Frank Lupo's Dynamic http://dynamicconverters.com/aboutus.htm, andthe list goes on.

I had dynamic build me a convertor for my first BB car. I sent them my dyno sheet and they built me a convertor. It was a 3900 stall. You'd never know it under normal driving. Great people to deal with.

My current car uses an Art Carr 3500 convertor. It stalls around 3300ish. Again, you'd never knwo it had a converter in it.

-
Back