360 build need help

-

CUDA73

CUDA73
Reaction score
i have a mid 70s 360.i have stock j-heads.Looking to make around 400 hp.
The motor ran when ipulled the heads off.Bores are extremly clean.
Any recomendtions will be apreciated.
Also any parts you guys have for sale to get me where i want yo be pm me.

How much budget do you have. Trying for the absolute cheapest?

KB107's
Air Gap
Headers
750-950hp holley Carb
and a pretty big cam.

Make sure you have enough compression for a big cam and carb. Is it a pump gas motor? Street driven. What gears do you have. The most important thing is the whole combination. Use the Mopar performance engine book when making your decisions.

port match the Js, and hand port clean up the runners
and do 2.02s in vavles with comp vavle job...
mill the heads to increase cp no more than 10 to 1
zero deck KB107
lunati voodoo 60404 or equivelant flat tap (need new springs)
torker II intake single plane
holley 750 hp
large tube headers
new double roller timing chain

would need a min. 2800 stall converter for this set up..

in going to run a auto with probably a 2500 stall-high 3 for gears.
315/60-15 with mini tub and relocation.
the head work is my prob.I cant find any one reputible in connecticut to do my heads without wanting the rights to my first unborn child.lol
Every one around here sees mopars and the prices go up

in going to run a auto with probably a 2500 stall-high 3 for gears.
315/60-15 with mini tub and relocation.
the head work is my prob.I cant find any one reputible in connecticut to do my heads without wanting the rights to my first unborn child.lol
Every one around here sees mopars and the prices go up

What are they giving for prices on head work??...

Lol,I know what you mean. Any kind of hand work or machining and the bucks really add up.

they are telling me like 2 grand for head work.And from what i understand the rms heads are on back order

Depending on your tools you can do a basic port and polish and gasket match on your own . That is what I did with no experience, so I just took my time and watch what you are doing with the summit port and polish kit with a standard die grinder.

I wouldn't waste 2K on J heads. Buy a set of RHS heads from ou812 and you'll get to goal easy.

i have a mid 70s 360.i have stock j-heads.Looking to make around 400 hp.
The motor ran when ipulled the heads off.Bores are extremly clean.
Any recomendtions will be apreciated.
Also any parts you guys have for sale to get me where i want yo be pm me.

I have some brand new .060 over KB107's with Moly Rings that will fit your build. You can steal them from me for $180.00!
I also have a cam that will work.......Brand New Comp Cams Xtreme Energy XE284 Hydraulic Cam $140.00

they are telling me like 2 grand for head work.And from what i understand the rms heads are on back order

abbotts superflow porting with valve job and you provide the 2.02s for about 900ish.... will flow between 250 and 260 cfm !!! Ron ONLY does head and intake work, ive found that some engine builders and machine shops have never ported Js, thus engine builders crank up the price, Ron likes the Js for many reasons.. he does have a couple cheaper packages also.....starting at 600

http://www.abbottssuperflowport-polish.com/Services.html

-
Back