360 build power estimates

-

Joseph24251_200

The Mopar Kid
Reaction score
Ok i'm recently building a mopar 360 for 67 Dart. For one I just want any advice that could possibly help me out in this build, and 2 i wanna know about how much should this baby fork out power wise. Also what size stall converter would u guys recommend

360 with J heads

bored 40 over
to a 367

Stock cast crank 3.58 stroke

10.2:1 compression
with Keith Black pistons kb107

Decked block for 10 thousands in the hole.

comp extreme cam 274, 230 duration .488 lift on the exhaust side 236 duration .491 lift on the intake side.

mild to a performance port job on the head with valve job 1.88 intake and a 1.625 exhaust

Either a Street avenger 770 or Double pumper 750 undecided still
(would appreciate recommendations on carb)

Headman header 2.5" exhaust pipes

904 tranny

i'm guessin a lil over 400 horses and tq but not much over

I'm also debatin Roller rocker and electric fuel pump, just for a lil more kick.

This will be a street car with some track time but a lot of street strip time.
Also would like to ask you guy what gears would u recommend?

A street striper huh? Hummm. This is a wide open feild. I'd skip the roller rockers. Theres a few pony's there, but it is not a cost effective gain. If you really want them, thats your call. Otherwise, a new set of MoPars HD stamped rockers would do fine.
No real extra HP in a electric pump as well. All though if you keep doing those little tricks, it'll add up.

I'd go 770 Avenger. A DP is a bit harder to get just right on a auto trans car. I would not do any more cfm. Carb choice is like what kind of undeware you would recomend. What ever feels good is what I say. I like old OE Carters myself. More so AVS carbs.

For a converter, I'd look into a Dynamic. (Though I'm not really an auto trans fella) They have a very good rep.
GoodysCuda is useing a PTC I think, and he likes it alot. Thats the other company I read alot of. People seem to like them alot.
Remember, quality counts on a converter big time. (Read...$$$)
I'm gonna guess and shoot for a 3,000 stall. With 4.10's and a 26-1/2 to 27 inch tire, as wide as you can stuff in there. Use with quality springs and/or Cal-tracs.

I'd also guess the same on the power est. figures.

Both those carbs are on the large side for a street machine. Something in the 650 to 750 range would be a better choice. The 670 Street Avenger or a 750 vacuum secondary like a 3310-2 would be a good choice.

I have a similar 360 except I am using magnum heads and the XE268 cam. I have run a 600 vacuum secondary, Demon 725 vacuum secondary and a 3310-2 750 vacuum secondary. The car runs very well on the 600 up to 5500 rpm and has produced a best of 13.7 @ 102. The Demon 725 runs hard up to 6500 rpm but does not run well below 1500 where a good precentage of my street time is spent. The Holley 750 vacuum secondary runs almost as good as the 600 down low (not as crisp throttle response as the 600) and as good as the Demon up top but gives up about 1-2 mpg in economy to the 600. I really would like to try a 670 Street Avenger seems like it will be the best of both worlds.

I agree with a 670 Avenger or a 650 - 700 cfm being better. Of the 2 he listed, I made a choice. I should have said something like you said on carb size.
I have not noticed a 700 cfm vaccum carb. Just 750 vaccum carbs. DP's come in @ every 50 cfm.

I would probably go to the 2.02/1.60 valves in the heads. As far as the converter I have ruffled some feathers but with almost the same set up you have I used a stock /6 converter and it worked great. I would also look more at either the 3310-3 or earlier Holley carb or possibly the 670 street avenger. I personally don't have any experience with the street avenger but have heard good things about it.

goody runs a dynamic - so do I - I recommend calling them and asking for sean he will buid one to your specs.

I think it depends on what ya wanna do - i do about 70 30 street strip - so i kept the small valves in my 360 - even with a tunnel ram to help in velocity.

i'd like to see what that cam will make in that motor... keep us updated!

Nice advice Every one and thanks alot, and for the Holley street avenger 670 they are absolutely lovely. I personally have never had one on my car but i just finished installing one on my cousins 68 Impala with a 350. Not my choose of car Chevy "No No". But I would have to say after a lil tuning to it to take out a low idle stumble, the Chevy ran like a beast. The car had a Holley Dominator 700 or 750 on it but the street avenger gave him tones more power over the old carb. When I call him to pick the Chevy up he didn't beleave me when i told him this car ran like a lil mini race car. But i would have to say the old chevy ran good with the 670. But i figured that the 360 need a lil more cfm being it has a larger stroke then the chevy 350. Oh yea i know the Street avenger is suppost to be a bolt on out the box carb, i would say u for a person who doesn't really care about gettin the best possible performance and just wants to ride u can bolt it on out the box and ride. But for the speed junk's it'll need a lil tuning.

650dp Speed Demon will match best. - car is light.
2800-3000 stall
3.91 w/27"dia. tires,255/60/15s will fit on a 7 1/2" b-b rim w/ 4 1/2" offset.
400hp, maybe 410tq
It will be a fun ride :)

-
Back