360 engine install problems

-

DARTDALE

Reaction score
I tried to install my 360 into my 72 Dart this evening. I have a Milidon 8 qt. oil pan [ 30940] on it,and I cant seem to get it to clear the k frame is it a really close fit?.I also need some help with motor mounts. Does anyone have any photos of correctly installed motor mounts.I bought a mt. kit from trans dapt. to go from a 318 to the 360.I have new rubber mounts to go on frame,one thick one and 1 thin one. Which goes where?I thought I had it figured out by looking in a mopar engine overhaul book,but I guess I didnt. I still have the original 318 mounts as well,and I messed with those a little as I have heard you can use them with one side using a small spacer. I also attempted to put headers in engine bay, tie them back out of the way,but ended up pulling them out as well.

Im waiting on some reply. This is the same thing Im getting ready to do in a 69 cuda.

You have to notch the K frame where it hits or reshape the pan.

ok I am back in the house. Been out in the shop. I was able to get the pan to clear the K frame, by raising the trans. by the proper amount, and wiggling the engine.The pivot thing on the trans. where the shifter goes was catching on the fire wall lip.The oil pan is hard up against the Kframe though. The engine needs to come forward a little to get mounts to line up,and to get the driver side motor mount ear to clear the power steering housing.I guess thats where the notching comes in. How much does it need to be notched? I would rather notch than beat on the pan.I will check back with you guys in the morning. Its past my bed time here in Arkansas. Thanks Yall!!

Just checking to see if you found out were to notch your K-member. If you did could you post a pic so I might be able to do mine before I put my engine in.

Just checking to see if you found out were to notch your K-member. If you did could you post a pic so I might be able to do mine before I put my engine in.
I will have my son take some pics of the notchs tonight.

Ok not to ask a stupid question but the mount brackets are on the correct side of the block ears?

milidons hit the k member...moroso dont......

The mounts are on the back side of ears. I was able to notch th frame a little and all went well after that>

i don't know if it helps you guys, but modified 318 motor mounts are the easiest way to sit a 360 in a 69 cuda, when I figure out how to resize my pics I will put them on here, I just took them yesterday.

Have you confirmed that the headers will clear the Milodon oil pan? The problem will be on the passenger side of the sump, particularly towards the back. Some do, some don't. TTI does clear with plenty of room.

Despite the clearance issues, I prefer the Milodon over Moroso because the Milodon is much more rust resistant and gives a little bit more ground clearance.

-
Back