360 Engine Rebuild kit.

-

Xanth

Fast-Fish.net
Reaction score
Hey I got a Question. I found this on e-bay. Can i get some of your oppinions on this whould it work for a street engine build up for my 65 Barracuda I have a 74 360 for it, just need to find a good rebuild kits.

Coyote Jack said:
I'm not sure, they seem a little vague to me.

Jack

Yes that kind of worries me too and the price seems a little cheap for all of that. But otherwise it seems like a decent kit for a street build up.

I just went back and looked I have bought from that guy before! He is an ok vendor! Kinda of slow at shipping out parts though!

Sounds like the pistons are going to be low compression stock replacements and a Clevite 77 cam will also likely be a stock replacement.

If you want to keep the low compression of a stock 70's 360 then that kit is a resonable. The parts are all good quality.

I picked up a kit from Mancini Racing that did not include the cam or timing set but did include ductile iron moly rings (the cast iron in the kit you are looking at wear pretty fast and will wear the bore too) and had Keith Black 107 pistons for $401.00. This kit is the way to go if you are looking to build some decent power.

Thanks for all the imput. DGC do you have a link to the kit you got? i would like to look it over.

I purchased the Michigan "C" kit which is listed at $339.00 and did an upgrade to the Keith Black pistons.

The $401 price also included a small discount that you get as a member of the MML. To get the discount you need to call and ask for Wes.

Summit, Jegs, and the rest offer the same kit for about the same price... I would personally say get the kit from them, At least you'll know what you're getting.

I got my engine kit from...:gulp: summit....before all the hooser talk or course. I opted for the Keith blacks instead of the stock pistons. I just fired the car up for the first time, and might I say, the kits worked great. If your interested in my build-up, shoot me a PM, I’ll be more then happy to talk to you about it. I just finished what it sounds like your about to start.

-
Back