360 Engine with TTI Header HELP!!!!!

-

Sjohnson

Reaction score
Guys I need some help here! I have a 1965 Formula S Cuda with a 76' Duster engine mounted up and all that stuff sitting in the cuda now. Bought some TTI headers for it but the issue im running into is that I need to figure out how the heck im going to get an oil filter on this thing. Ive bought some filters but the adapter is too big for the small gap that I have between the block and the header. :wack: Anyone else have or done this swap? Which relocation kit have you used to get the job done? I just want the cuda out on the road but cant do that with out some oil PLEASE HELP!#-o#-o

I run a Napa 1085 filter. I have a hell of a time getting it loose on the hoist, then lower the car, reach down from the top and remove the filter, drop the new filter down, lift the car and reach up from the bottom an install the filter. It's a PIA. You could install an oil filter relocator if you want to get excited about it.

I run a Napa 1085 filter. I have a hell of a time getting it loose on the hoist, then lower the car, reach down from the top and remove the filter, drop the new filter down, lift the car and reach up from the bottom an install the filter. It's a PIA. You could install an oil filter relocator if you want to get excited about it.

Sounds like it I think it would be better if I had a relocator but cant seem to find one small enough to fit on the engine itself. All the ones i've tried seem to be too thick as the block. Heres a pic with what im dealing with as well to maybe shed some light on the scene!

http://imgur.com/tDd02ci

That's worse than mine. Did you buy the headers direct from TTi? When I bought mine they asked what motor, what heads, what starter and what transmission. They fit for the most part. I had to do a little massaging to get them in place. Napa also has relocators that work well.

Ya I bought them from TTI directly and they said ill need to buy a short 90 degree oil relocator kit but didnt give me any links or direction to go there is no way a filter is fitting on that lol

KEEP BELIEVING TTI MAKES A HEADER SET THAT BOLTS RIGHT ON TO A 65 BARRACUDA
THEY WILL TELL YOU YES 100% OF THE TIME WELL TRY TO SCHEDUALE A TIME
THEY WILL TELL YOU THERE BOOKED UNTILL HELL FREEZES OVER
don't get me wrong ive seen headers on 1st gen barracuda"s but all hand fabricated
or fenderwell not bolt on from any body phht tti

KEEP BELIEVING TTI MAKES A HEADER SET THAT BOLTS RIGHT ON TO A 65 BARRACUDA
THEY WILL TELL YOU YES 100% OF THE TIME WELL TRY TO SCHEDUALE A TIME
THEY WILL TELL YOU THERE BOOKED UNTILL HELL FREEZES OVER
don't get me wrong ive seen headers on 1st gen barracuda"s but all hand fabricated
or fenderwell not bolt on from any body phht tti

Lol I know right? I still need to find this relocator to help me out but cant find one that will fit

Going to have to bump this post. I still need some help finding this relocator kit!

Ya I bought them from TTI directly and they said ill need to buy a short 90 degree oil relocator kit but didnt give me any links or direction to go there is no way a filter is fitting on that lol

Were they talking about the factory adapter bracket that move the filter 90 degrees out of the way or were they talking about a remote filter set-up? If it's the later Summit has them; if the former put a want ad out. I do have 4 or 5 of them and will use one (the original one) on my 65 Barracuda 273 motor.

Were they talking about the factory adapter bracket that move the filter 90 degrees out of the way or were they talking about a remote filter set-up? If it's the later Summit has them; if the former put a want ad out. I do have 4 or 5 of them and will use one (the original one) on my 65 Barracuda 273 motor.

As you can see by the pic that was posted earlier I dont have a lot of room there but on their site this is what they have said for the headers that I have.

"a short-screw OEM 90º adapter or a remote mount oil filter must be used"

and the mounts that I do find are just way to thick and rub against the header when fully screwed onto the block. Which one do you think would work for this set up Dartman? Im open for any suggestions.

I used the cheap Hayden kit but I also have a 67 a body with a bit more room than you. I did end up using 90 degree fittings

Attachments

• Picture 1297.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 498
I used the cheap Hayden kit but I also have a 67 a body with a bit more room than you. I did end up using 90 degree fittings

Ya it looks like you have a lot more room than I do just by comparing pics. I just wish I could find something that would work.

THIS! (or something similar) summitracing, jegs, speedway...

Thing is I think I used this exact kit and still was too thick on the right side....there was 2 kits I tried and I cant remember if this was one of them or not...I could be wrong though! I saved that link just in case

I have a 70 Duster without the right angle adapter. TTI's on a 360. I don't know if your working room is the same as mine, but I use a shorter filter. Wix 51085, Purolator L14670
are examples.
I had used a 90 degree adapter, but it put oil all over the headers when you removed the filter. Of course I slipped a piece of plastic between the filter and the hedders, but it still was a mess. So I removed the adapter.

With the right angle adapter you can use a full length filter, but it's a real pain to get on and off.

Now I change filters the same way as Mopar to ya.

I use an adapter cup that slips on the back of the filter which accepts a 3/8" extention, and ratchet it off. Easy to get on and off, but you have to get under the hood to install and remove it, out of the hole.. Like Mopar to ya said, it's a PIA, but not like it use to be.

I suggest trying a shorter filter and save your money. If you don't want to get robbed, you'll have to find a used adapter.

Here's what they look like!! http://www.summitracing.com/parts/dcc-5249624

And don't use a Fram filter, use a good one. No check valve in a fram.

Hope This Helps !

I have a 70 Duster without the right angle adapter. TTI's on a 360. I don't know if your working room is the same as mine, but I use a shorter filter. Wix 51085, Purolator L14670
are examples.
I had used a 90 degree adapter, but it put oil all over the headers when you removed the filter. Of course I slipped a piece of plastic between the filter and the hedders, but it still was a mess. So I removed the adapter.

With the right angle adapter you can use a full length filter, but it's a real pain to get on and off.

Now I change filters the same way as Mopar to ya.

I use an adapter cup that slips on the back of the filter which accepts a 3/8" extention, and ratchet it off. Easy to get on and off, but you have to get under the hood to install and remove it, out of the hole.. Like Mopar to ya said, it's a PIA, but not like it use to be.

I suggest trying a shorter filter and save your money. If you don't want to get robbed, you'll have to find a used adapter.

Here's what they look like!! http://www.summitracing.com/parts/dcc-5249624

And don't use a Fram filter, use a good one. No check valve in a fram.

Hope This Helps !

It does quite a bit thank you. here is a pic of what the space I have with the headers on im just not sure if it will fit...It might though not sure.

http://imgur.com/tDd02ci

it's possible that you may have to do something like this - the lines will run differently as I am thinking you do have inner fenders...

Attachments

• 100_3569.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 405
Not sure if I missed it, but have you tried a 90º adapter ?

You didnt miss it I havent tried a 90º adapter yet as post #16 (70 Duster Crate) has suggested as I cant find one locally I have tried some relocation kits but the part that screws to the block is just to thick and sits against the header. Even with a thinner piece that screws into there it always rubs against the header so maybe this 90º adapter will work? I just dont wish to waste money for something else not to work ya know?

it's possible that you may have to do something like this - the lines will run differently as I am thinking you do have inner fenders...

That would work with what you did here and yes I do have inner fenders but where did you buy that relocation kit at?

Are you using the TTI 636A headers? Those are the ones that fit the early A's with a small block. Use the factory 90* filter adapter and cut the mounting nut like what's in the directions (the footnotes). You can read the directions on line from the TTI website. I've got them on my '66 Valiant, if you follow the directions they fit (barely, it's a tight fit). On my car, I just loosen the filter a little, slip a zip-loc baggie over it, unscrew the filter by hand and pull it up out of the engine bay and it's done. No oil is spilled. You don't have to crawl under the car, changing the filter is done from above. Easy deal. Finding a 90* factory adapter should be too hard, it's a very common and easy to find part.

Russ.

Are you using the TTI 636A headers? Those are the ones that fit the early A's with a small block. Use the factory 90* filter adapter and cut the mounting nut like what's in the directions (the footnotes). You can read the directions on line from the TTI website. I've got them on my '66 Valiant, if you follow the directions they fit (barely, it's a tight fit). On my car, I just loosen the filter a little, slip a zip-loc baggie over it, unscrew the filter by hand and pull it up out of the engine bay and it's done. No oil is spilled. You don't have to crawl under the car, changing the filter is done from above. Easy deal. Finding a 90* factory adapter should be too hard, it's a very common and easy to find part.

Russ.

Yup those are exactly the ones that I have are the 636A. I cant find that 90* adapter which is the problem that im having sadly. Summit, Jegs and local Auto stores do not have this part anymore.

-
Back