Status
Not open for further replies.

jos51700

Green Bearing thread connoisseur
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
I am selling my nearly-new Mopar Performance 360 flywheel and clutch/pressure plate. This was behind a stock 360 in my Dart before the camshaft wiped several lobes on the fourth time I drove it (New oils SUCK for old cars! Get the ZDDP additive to save your camshaft!!). I replaced the 360 with a Magnum (roller cam), and that needed a different flywheel. I don't like to compromise, so I bought a new clutch, too.

So... here's my old one. This flywheel and clutch kit has less than 400 miles on it, and those were break-in miles and it was very gently used. You can see from the pictures that it has no burn marks, scoring, or wear. The clutch disc has always been held ONLY by the edges (like a record) and I've avoided touching the contact surfaces of flywheel and pressure plate. It's always been stored flat, in a clean, dry environment. This setup is so new, I still have the box for the pressure plate and clutch!

Edit: The picture for the flywheel makes it look like it has burn marks on it on the top edge. It does NOT. Those are reflections of the box that is propped up behind it.

This flywheel fits any year 360 from '71 to '91, and this clutch setup fits any bellhousing for A-833, A-230, A-250, etc. car or truck four speed, or three speed manual Mopar transmissions. Fits Dart, Demon, Valiant, Scamp, RoadRunner, GTX, Belvedere, Super Bee, Baracuda, Challenger, etc. and even Ram! Pretty much any Dodge, Plymouth, or Chrysler, or anything else with a 360 Mopar engine, like your rat rod or shopping cart.

The flywheel itself sells new for $270 from Jegs, and with shipping it will cost you right at $300, just for the flywheel. (I bought this one directly from Mopar Performance, and it actually cost a bit more than that). I'm including the clutch and pressure plate, which set me back over $200 by themselves! These flywheels are hard to find used, and this is a perfectly functioning set with ZERO wear. The pressure plate is a diaphragm unit which is smooth, strong, and offers a light but responsive clutch pedal. I never abused this one because I was still breaking it in after the motor swap, but I replaced it with the exact same clutch when I put the Magnum in and it's easy to adjust, yet stout enough to hold and leave LONG dual stripes with 5000 RPM clutch drops on 265 series performance tires. . No more shaky leg after sitting in traffic or parade duty, either! You won't regret it!
NOT included are the bolts for the pressure plate and flywheel, because they were on universal back-order when I swapped, so I had to re-use them, and the alignment tool and crank bushing and throwout bearing. I'm not including the throwout because it DID get used and I don't want you having a problem with it later on. If you're not in a rush, I'll ship the alignment tool and bushing no charge, but I left them in my tool box in storage some 200 miles from where I live so it will be a few weeks.

Price is $300 plus actual shipping to where you live and if that's too high, send me your sob-story and I will work with you. Make it a good story though. Your kid has a heart defect, you're married to Sarah Palin, wife left you for an Elvis impersonator, something good like that, 'cuz you're gonna hafta earn that discount ( :) ).
Partial trades considered. What will I consider trading for?

A good-condition 318 flywheel (zero balance)
A '72 Dart A/C uncut radio bezel
'72 Dart interior hood release WITH latch
A pair of GOOD CONDITION twin hood scoops, WITH bezels
Premium electrical diagnostic/repair equipment (It should probably say "Fluke" on it somewhere...)
maybe even firearms, if that's legal

Also, if we agree to a deal, I'll take $25 off the price if you can convince an admin to PM me directly saying that you donated $20 to FABO! That saves you five bucks!

Payment can be cash in person, check or money order with time to clear bank, but Paypal is preferred for security. All parts are in, and will be shipped to/from Kansas City, MO. You can look at my ebay feedback history (username: JOS51700) to see how I do business.
Thanks!
John Self

Attachments

• DY011433.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 229
  • DY011434.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 235
  • DY011435.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 256
  • DY011436.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 350
Status